A sequence labeling approach to morphological analyzer for Tamil language
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:IJCSE) International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering, Citeseer, Volume 2, Number 06, p.1944–195 (2010)
Morphological analysis is the basic process for any Natural Language Processing task. Morphology is the study of internal structure of the word. Morphological analysis retrieves the grammatical features and properties of a morphologically inflected word. Capturing the agglutinative structure of Tamil words by an automatic system is a challenging job. Generally rule based approaches are used for building morphological analyzer. In this paper we propose a novel approach to solve the morphological analyzer problem using machine learning methodology. Here morphological analyzer problem is redefined as classification problem. This approach is based on sequence labeling and training by kernel methods that captures the non linear relationships of the morphological features from training data samples in a better and simpler way. Keywords- morphology; morphological analyzer; machine learning; sequence labeling...
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Morphological analyzer for agglutinative languages using machine learning approaches
- A Paradigm based Morphological Analyzer for English to Kannada Using a Machine Learning Approach.
- Morphological Analyzer for Telugu Using Support Vector Machine
- A novel algorithm for Tamil morphological generator (Best Second Paper)
- A Novel Data Driven Algorithm for Tamil Morphological Generator