Simultaneous pancreas–kidney transplant for type i diabetes with renal failure: Anaesthetic considerations
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:Indian Journal of Anaesthesia, Indian Society of Anaesthetists, Volume 60, Number 2, p.131-134 (2016)
Pancreatic grafts have been successfully used in patients with diabetes and are combined with kidney transplantation in patients with renal failure. The propagation of awareness in organ donation in India has increased the donor pool of transplantable organs in the last few years making multi visceral transplants feasible in our country. We present the anaesthetic management of a 32-year-old male with diabetes mellitus and end-stage renal failure who was successfully managed with a combined pancreas and kidney transplantation. © 2016 Indian Journal of Anaesthesia.
cited By 0
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Evaluation of quality of life in hemodialysis and renal transplant patients
- Graves' disease in a dialysis dependent chronic renal failure patient
- Zygomycosis in a renal allograft recipient
- Assessment of quality of life in patients on hemodialysis and the impact of counseling.
- Bilateral emphysematous pyelonephritis in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease