Standardization and clinical evaluation of Nimba Ksharasutra in the management of Bhagandara (Fistula in ano)
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:International Journal of Research in Ayurveda & Pharmacy, Volume 3, Issue 2, Number 2, p.223-226 (2012)
Keywords:Fistula in Ano, Nimba Ksharsutra, standardization
Fistula-in-ano is one of the most common and notorious disease among all anorectal disorder. It is recurrent in nature which makes it more and more difficult for treatment. It produces inconveniences in routine life. It causes discomfort and pain that creates problem in day to day activities. Ksharsutra has been proved as a big revolution in the treatment of fistula in ano. It is the need of time to do further researches on ksharsutra to get more efficient ksharsutra. In the present research work prepared Nimba ksharsutra was standardized as mentioned by Proff. S. S. Handa. 40 diagnosed cases of fistula in ano were selected from the OPD/IPD of anorectal unit of shalyatantra department of National Institute of Ayurveda Jaipur. Total patients were divided into two groups. The patients of Group A were treated with standard ksharsutra and the patients of Group B were treated with Nimba ksharsutra. Nimba ksharsutra showed better results in unit cutting time, pus discharge, burning sensation and itching.
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Standardization and clinical evaluation of efficacy of Guggulu chitraka Kshara sutra in the management of Fistula in ano
- Liver in leprosy: I. Functional changes
- Management of Fistula in Ano in Ancient Greek and Ayurvedic medicine- a historical Analysis
- Hypofracfionated radiation to breast: Photon versus Electron: Results from a tertiary cancer care centre.
- Cyclophosphamide versus mycophenolate mofetil in scleroderma interstitial lung disease (SSc-ILD) as induction therapy: a single-centre, retrospective analysis.