Synthesis of O-heterocycles via intramolecular reductive deoxygenation of o-aroyloxyacetophenones: one-step synthesis of benzofurans
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun., The Royal Society of Chemistry, Number 2, p.150–151 (1990)
A one-step synthesis of benzofurans via Intramolecular reductive coupling of o-aroyloxyacetophenones using titanium(IV) chloride and zinc is described.
Cite this Research Publication
A. Banerji and Nayak, S. K., “Synthesis of O-heterocycles via intramolecular reductive deoxygenation of o-aroyloxyacetophenones: one-step synthesis of benzofurans”, J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun., pp. 150–151, 1990.
Related Research Publications
- Low-valent titanium: New synthetic applications (Invited contribution)
- Amberlyst 15 catalyzed prenylation of phenols: one-step synthesis of benzopyrans
- Activation of low-valent titanium reagents with iodine: Facile low-temperature mcmurry reaction and n/o-debenzylation/deallylation
- Unprecedented reductive dealkoxylation of aryl alkyl ethers and intramolecular C–C coupling of 2, 2′-dialkoxystilbenes with low valent titanium: one-pot synthesis of phenanthrenes
- Low-Valent Titanium Mediated Reductive Deoxygenation of Carbonyls to Methylenes Via Carbon-Nitrogen Bond Cleavage in N-(Arylmethyl) Anilines