Under bump metallurgy for Lead-Tin bump over Cu pad
Source:Volume US6878465 B2, Number US 10/608,407 (2005)
The present invention describes a method including providing a component, the component having a bond pad; forming a passivation layer over the component; forming a via in the passivation layer to uncover the bond pad; and forming an under bump metallurgy (UBM) over the passivation layer, in the via, and over the bond pad, in which the UBM includes an alloy of Aluminum and Magnesium.
The present invention also describes an under bump metallurgy (UBM) that includes a lower layer, the lower layer including an alloy of Aluminum and Magnesium; and an upper layer located over the lower layer.
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Under bump metallurgy for lead-tin bump over copper pad
- Etching processes for avoiding edge stress in semiconductor chip solder bumps
- Reflow of low melt solder tip C4's
- Bonded metal and ceramic plates for thermal management of optical and electronic devices
- Formation without vacuum break of sacrificial layer that dissolves in acidic activation solution within interconnect