A validated stability indicating HPLC method for the determination of Valsartan in tablet dosage forms.
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, Volume 1, Number 4, p.97-99 (2011)
A simple, specific, rapid, precise and robust HPLC method has been developed for the quantitation of valsartan in tablet dosage form on a C18 column (250 x 4.6 mm) using a mobile phase consisting of ammonium dihydrogen phosphate buffer : methanol (33.5:66.5) adjusted to pH 3 with formic acid at a flow rate of 1.0 ml/min and detection at 265 nm. The retention time of valsartan was found to be at 11.9 min. The validation of above method was also done. Percentage label claim of the tablet formulations were found to be 100.8%. So the proposed method provides a faster and cost effective quality control tool for routine analysis of valsartan from formulations.
cited By (since 1996)3
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Development and validation of RP- HPLC method for determination of ticagrelor in pharmaceutical dosage formulation
- Quantitative analysis of valsartan in tablets formulations by high performance thin-layer chromatography
- Studies on the preparation, characterization, and solubility of 2-HP-β-cyclodextrin-meclizine hcl inclusion complexes
- A validated U.V. spectrophotometric determination of an antihypertensive drug- Nebivolol from tablet formulations
- Development and validation of spectrophotometric methods for simultaneous estimation of citicoline and piracetam in tablet dosage form