Vyana Vata–The Mahajava
Publication Type:Journal Article
Source:International Journal of Ayurvedic Medicine, Volume 4, Number 3 (2013)
Vyana Vata is described as Mahajava which is highly powerful. Therefore it keeps the Rasa Dhatu in circulation continuously and always throughout the life. Vyana Vata with its swift action performs all the functions in the body. All the three Doshas residing in Hrdaya contribute directly or indirectly to the functioning of the body; but vyana vata has a unique role in carrying out the functions throughout the body while residing in hrdaya. Any obstruction to vyana vata leads to a disease that affects the whole body. Vitiation of vyana vata hampers its functions as well as nutrition and movements of the body. Therefore treatment should aim at understanding vyana vata and to correct the root cause. The paper describes the physiological, pathological and treatment aspects of vyana vata in accordance with the contemporary view. The physiological aspect includes the location, functions and dependency of other sub types of Vata to Vyana Vata which is discussed along with its contemporary understanding. The pathological aspect deals with causes for vitiation and symptoms seen and the general line of treatment modality applied.
Cite this Research Publication
Related Research Publications
- Effect of modified Patrapinda sweda with egg yolk for instant pain relief in Katigraha
- Effects of Ethanol Consumption on Different Organs, a Brief Overview
- Epidermal growth factor stimulates cAMP accumulation in cultured rat cardiac myocytes
- In vitro pharmacological activity of the whole plant Naregamia alata.
- Transcatheter occlusion of patent ductus arteriosus in pre-term infants