India’s first landslide laboratory setup
Funding Agency: European commission, Department of Information Technology (DIT) & Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
Laboratory Setup in 2008
Lab serves as a testbed for development and validation of the systems deployed in the landslide prone areas, such as the wireless sensor nodes, signal conditioning circuits, power circuits, sensors and others.
- large landslide laboratory test setup,
- small landslide laboratory test setup
- movement sensor test setup.
- To create small scale landslides under controlled conditions.
- Allows Amrita to determine geotechnical thresholds for implementation in the landslide early warning systems.
- Employs modern, multi-channel, high-speed data acquisition and control (DAQ), labview based GUI controls and graphical data display and visualization.
- It utilizes the same sensors and equipments as our field deployments such as pore pressure piezometers,infiltrometers,moisture sensors, rain gauges, geophones (single axis and three axis), inclinometers, tiltmeters, strain gauges, inclinometer casing, extensometers, accelerometers, compactometer etc.
Images related to the project:
- Large landslide laboratory setup
- Dr. Maneesha V. Ramesh, Head of AWNA, showing the Landslide Laboratory Setups to Dr. Muhammad Yunnis, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- Dr. Maneesha V. Ramesh showing Dr. Muhammad Yunis our custom, in-house developed inclinometer