Library, School of Ayurveda
Amrita School of Ayurveda has an excellent Library, perhaps the best among all Ayurveda College Libraries in India. The library has been carefully planned to have more space and natural lighting for the comfort of the users. It has the capacity to accommodate 300 students at a time.
- To acquire, manage, provide and disseminate Health Sciences information to students, faculty and research scholars of the constituent Health Sciences Institutions of Amrita University. Currently these include Medical, Dental, Pharmacy, Nursing, Allied Health Sciences and Life Science institutions.
- To provide timely, accurate and current information and materials to users for education, teaching and research.
- To provide information services and access to bibliographic and full text digital and printed resources to support the scholarly and informational needs of Amrita School of Ayurveda.
- To support and facilitate the research, learning, teaching and administrative activities of the University by organizing, maintaining and providing access to appropriate literature and information resources in such a way as to provide optimum benefit for library users.
- To provide an appropriate and comfortable environment and facilities for the use of library services and for individual and group study.
The Amrita School of Ayurveda Library provides the following value added services to its users in addition to all routine type of services.
Reference Service: Reference service is a personal aid provided to the user by the library staff in interpreting library collection for study and research. The library staff assists the user to locate needed information from the available information resources. On the basis of collection, library provides reference service to its users.
Current Awareness Service: Currently the library offers the following current awareness services to the users.
- By telephone calls
- Display of new additions in the library
- Publishing of “new acquisition” in library micro site
Circulation: The books are issued to Interns, undergraduate Students and Faculty Members. Bound/unbound journals, audio-visual materials and CD-ROMs are for in-house use only.
Photocopying: Through this service, users can get photocopies of articles from journals and books as and when required.
Fax: Users can avail this facility for sending and receiving fax in the library.
Audio-Video Viewing: Through this service, library provides audio and video cassettes, slide-tape programs etc. (with audio and viewing facilities).
Computer Services: The computer lab of the library offers computer services to users such as word processing, laser printing, color laser printing, dot matrix printing and document scanning. Further, services provided by the lab also include assisting the students and faculty members for editing projects/thesis, data analysis, setting the file to the required quality of print and printing.
Internet Access: The Library has a separate “Internet Browsing” section. Desktop computers are reserved for use of the students and for the faculty members.