BIO 456 Advanced Biochemistry - M.Sc. Biotechnology - M.Sc. Microbiology - Semester 2
Biochemical calculations [pH, buffers, molar/normal solutions, dilutions] Molar/Normal solutions, Acids and Bases, Laboratory Buffers, Practice Problems ,Chemistry of Biological molecules, Practice problems, Kinetics of enzyme catalysed reactions, Order of reactions, Kinetics of zero, first and second order reactions, half-life, MM plot and LB plot, kinetics of inhibition, Practice problems, Vitamins, Enzyme Catalysis, mechanisms and SAR/, Organic chemistry of enzyme action and inhibition, Membranes and Membrane transport Structure and chemistry of membranes, Transport across membranes, Kinetics and mechanism of transport, Biochemistry of the reception and transmission of extracellular information, Signal transduction pathways, Neurotransmission, Integration and Regulation of Mammalian Metabolism with clinical correlations
- Segel I .H , Biochemical Calculations- 2nd Edition , Wiley and Sons
- Lehninger, Nelson and Cox, Principles of Biochemistry, 4th Edition, W.H.Freeman & Company, 2006.
- Voet & Voet, Fundamentals of Biochemistry, 4th Edition, Wiley, 2012.
- Garret and Grisham , Biochemistry - 4th Edition, Mary Finch, 2012
- Thomas Devlin , Biochemistry with Clinical Correlations - 7th Edition, Wiley and Sons