COURSE NAME:Bioanalytical Techniques
PROGRAM: M.Sc. Biotechnology
INSTRUCTOR: Dr. Sudarslal S.
- Protein Extraction and quantitation, Protein manipulation in solution, Ultracentrifugation.
- Fundamentals of Chromatography, van Deemter curve, Ion exchange chromatography, Gel filtration chromatography, Reversed-phase chromatography, Affinity chromatography, High performance liquid chromatography, Fast protein liquid chromatography, Supercritical Fluid chromatography, Gas chromatography.
- Primary structure determination of proteins: Amino acid composition, End group analysis.
- UV-Visible Spectroscopy: Principle, Instrumentation, Applications, Fluorescence Spectroscopy: Principle, Instrumentation, Applications, Mass spectrometry: Electron impact, Chemical ionization, Fast atom bombardment, Matrix assisted laser desorption and ionization, Electrospray ionization, Circular Dichroism, Isothermal titration calorimetry, Differential scanning calorimetry, Atomic force microscopy, Infrared spectroscopy, Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy.
- Biochemistry by Voet and Voet
- Protein Purification Techniques by Simon Roe
- Protein Purification by Robert K. Scopes
- Analytical Biochemistry by David Home and Hazel Peck
- Physical Biochemistry by David Sheehan
- Fundamental of analytical chemistry by Douglas Skoog and Donald West
- Practical Biochemistry by Keith Wilson and John Walker