Cell & Molecular Biology Lab Third Semester Syllabus for MSc Biotechnology and MSc Microbiology
Microscopy: staining and quantification by ImageJ: Lignin staining of plant tissue. Purification of fibronectin from human plasma by gelatin affinity chromatography and analysis by SDS-PAGE and zymography. Basics of cell culture (plant/animal): Surface sterilization of plant twigs and plant seeds followed by culture/germination on sterile media. Trypsinization of animal cells and counting the cells by Haemocytometer. Cell viability test by Trypan Blue. Mammalian Cell attachment test on gelatine and fibronectin. Western Blotting, DNA fragmentation assay. Purification and characterization of natural products (quercetin). Isolation of RNA from plant & animal cells.
- Freshney, R. I. (2005). Culture of specific cell types. John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Razdan, M. K. (2003). Introduction to plant tissue culture. Science Publishers.
- Amrita University Virtual Lab.
- Sambrook, J., Russell, D. W., & Russell, D. W. (2001). Molecular cloning: a laboratory manual (3-volume set).
- Plant tissue culture by Bhojwani. S.S and Razdan. M.K 2004.
- Plant cell culture, A Practical approach, 2nd Edition, Edited by R.A. Dixon and R.A. Gonzales
- Phytochemical Methods A Guide to Modern Techniques of Plant Analysis By JB Harborne. Springer, 1998.