Microbial Physiology First Semester syllabus for MSc Microbiology
- Over view of prokaryotic cell- structure &functions Cell wall synthesis Membrane transport in bacteria-simple ,group translocation , ABC transporters Protein export in bacteria –Type 1,2,3,4, Protein export pathways & antimicrobial therapy Iron transport- siderophores , Siderophores & antimicrobial therapy
- Bacterial cell shape - bacterial cytoskeleton, Cell division- molecular mechanisms involved in formation of Z-ring , Cell division machinery & antimicrobial therapy,
- Two component signal transduction in prokaryotes--Chemotaxis , Quorum sensing& biofilms , Quorum sensing & antimicrobial therapy , Sporulation inducing signals & events in sporulation , Osmolarity porin regulation in E.coli (Omp system) Phosphate assimilation in E.coli (Pho system) , Nitrogen fixation in Klebsiella& Rhizobium (Ntr system)
- Stress physiology --- effect of oxygen toxicity ,pH, osmotic pressure, heat shock etc on bacteria Adaptations in thermophiles, halophiles ,alkaliphiles ,acidophiles , Extremophiles – adaptations & significance in biotechnology
- Microbial Physiology II edn, Moat, A.G. and Foster, J.W
- Prescott, Harley, and Klein's Microbiology 8 th edition. Joanne M. Willey, Linda Sherwood, Christopher J. Woolverton. McGraw-Hill Higher Education
DISCLAIMER: The appearance of external links on this web site does not constitute endorsement by theSchool of Biotechnology/Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities, the Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. These links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this web site.