BRITE ( BSc Research Initiative Towards Excellence ) Projects
BRITE, Bachelor’s Research Initiative Towards Excellence is a unique approach at Amrita School of Biotechnology where the undergraduate students are exposed and groomed on several in-house research projects under the guidance of the faculty members. BRITE is a compulsory seven credit course in the sixth semester of the undergraduate programs offered at Amrita School of Biotechnology. Often the projects end-up in international journal publications.
- Isolation and Characterization of Bacteriophage Against Enteric Pathogens from Sewage
- Transformation, Expression and Activity Analysis of Recombinant Staphylococcus Autolysin in Bacillus
- Furfuryl Derivatives of Meldrum’s Acid: Synthesis, Characterisation and Biological Studies
- Green Synthesis of Metal Nanoparticles & its Applications
- Bioapproach: Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles from Mangrove Endophytes
- Production, Purification and Application of Naringinase from soil isolates of Aspergillus spp.
- Ribotyping of the culturable Eubacteria present in domestic waste water
- Use of soil isolate as an exoelectricigen in a dual chambered Microbial Fuel Cell (MFC)
- Isolation, purification, characterization and application of alpha 1,5 endo L-arabinase
- Effects of Nisin in upsurging the adequacy of conventional antibiotics against a few enteric pathogens: An invitro study.
- Isolation of lectins and colored proteins from marine algae
- Isolation and identification of endophytes from marine algae
- Pharmacological Potential of Endophytes from Mangrove Plants in South West Coast of Kerala
- Biofibre from Agricultural Wastes: Bio Bleaching of Banana Fibre Using Microbial Enzymes
- Plant Growth Promoting Endophytic Bacteria from Mangrove Plants in South West Coast of Kerala
- Production, Optimization and Characterization of Chitinase Enzyme Produced By Aspergillus Sp
- Electrospun TiO2 Nanofibers as a matrix to enhance the drug loading