Chemistry-Lab First Semester Syllabus for BSc Biotechnology and BSc Microbiology
- Preparation of standard & dilute solutions.
- To determine the solubility of a salt in water at room temperature.
- To determine the solubility of an organic acid in water at room temperature.
- To determine the neutralization equivalent of a carboxylic acid.
- To study the Effect of urea on the viscosity of BSA using Ostwald Viscometer.
- Acid base titration using pH meter& determination of pka values
- To study the common ion effect using a weak electrolyte & its salt with a strong electrolyte
- Identification of functional groups in organic compounds
- Preparation of dilute solutions by serial dilution.
- To determine the solubility of compounds in polar & non polar solvents
- Solvent extraction using separating funnel.
- To study the hydrolysis of given salts using pH indicator strips/pH meter.
- Applications of titrimetry.
- Acid base titrations.
- Organic preparation – allylation of Isatin.
- Purification by fractional distillation.
- Purification by steam distillation.
- Determination of viscosity of organic solvents.