Industrial Microbiology Fifth Semester Syllabus for BSc Microbiology
COURSE NAME: Industrial Microbiology
COURSE CODE: MIC 309
PROGRAM: BSc Microbiology
Industrial Biotechnology, Introduction and history, Isolation and screening, Primary and Secondary screening, Production strains, Production media, Inoculum preparation and inoculum Development, Introduction to Fermenter, Industrial sterilization, Scale up fermentations, Types of fermenters, Acetator and cavitator, product recovery, Industrial production of penicillin, production of streptomycin, Industrial production of organic acids- introduction, oduction of citric acid, production of lactic acid, Industrial production of enzymes, introduction; general aspects, production of amylases& proteases, production of nucleotides&nucleotides, production of alcohols-acetone-butanol, production of ethanol, production of aminoacids-introduction, production of L- glutamic acid, production of vitamin B12, production of single cell proteins, production of yeast/ mushrooms, production of fermented foods, production of microbial insecticides, production of Biopolymers, Biofuels, biogas, production of Bioplastics, Biosurfactants, and Biofertilizers, General rules in patents and practices.
- Industrial Microbiology, A.H.Patel
- Industrial microbiology, Casida
- Biotechnology-A textbook of Industrial Microbiology. II edition.Wulf Crueger and Anneliese Crueger.
- Industrial Microbiology by L.E Casida, John Wiley and sons INC.
- Industrial microbiology by A.H.Patel, Macillan India Ltd.
- Principles of fermentation technology by P.Stanbury & Allan Whitekar, Pergamon.
- Manual of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology,II edition. Arnold L.Demain and Juilan E.Davies.