Physical Sciences Lab Second Semester Syllabus for BSc Biotechnology and BSc Microbiology
Name of the experiments
- Preparation of standard & dilute solutions.
- To determine the solubility of an organic acid in water at room temperature.
- Acid base titration using pH meter
- To study the rate of a chemical reaction-2
- Water Analysis I- Determination of hardness of water sample using EDTA Solution.
- Identification of functional groups.
- Determination of Viscosity of Organic Solvents by Ostwald Viscometer
- To study the Effect of urea on the viscosity of BSA using Ostwald Viscometer
- Measurement of heat changes using a calorimeter
- Measurement of conductance of a given solution & factors affecting it.
- Measurement of emf of an electrolyte at a given temperature
- To find the specific rotation of sugar solution using polarimeter
- Quantitative Analysis in Chemistry Vogel, Pearson; 5th edition (2006)
- Advanced practical physical chemistry Yadav J.B., Goel Publications (2008)
Virtual Labs in Chemistry
- Calorimetry -Water equivalent & heat of neutralization.
- Emf measurement.
- Water Analysis –Determination of chemical parameters
- Determination of specific conductivity of soil
- Crystal field theory of complexes