Dr. Meetu Agarwal did her MBBS from VIMS, Bellary, Gulbarga University and MS Anatomy from GSVM Medical College, CSJM University, Kanpur. She has worked in various medical colleges in India as Assistant Professor. She was promoted to Associate Professor in June 2021. She worked for approximately 09 years internationally in Al-Margib University, Libya and Jazan University KSA. She has supervised the research work of several undergraduate and postgraduate students. Her research interests center on Morphological studies. Several independent research projects at university level were awarded to her. She has presented her research work in many international conferences.
Special Interests and Expertise
- Clinical based teaching
- Gross Dissection
- Histological techniques
- Ultrasound –OBS-Gynae & Abdomen
- Basic course in Biomedical research
- Revised Basic Course workshop in MET
- Curriculum Implementation Support Program
- Sensitization Workshop for AETCOM
- Workshop on ‘Distance Education & Development of Self Learning Materials’.
Best oral presenter award in workshop organized by NIMS medical college sponsored by MCI in the year 2012.
- Gupta N, Agarwal M, Jha SK, Bhatia V. “In-vitro antioxidant activity of crude extracts of the plant Glycosmispentaphyllacorrea” Int. J of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research, 2011, 6 (2); 312-18.
- Gupta N, Agarwal M, Bhatia V, Sharma RK, Narang E, “A comparative antidiabetic and hypoglycaemic activity of the crude alcoholic extracts of the plant Leucasaspera and seeds of Pithecellobiumbigeminum in rats” Int. J of Res. in Ayurveda and Pharmacy, 2011, 2(1); 275-80.
- Agarwal M, Kumar V. “Morphological study of the fossa for Lacrimal Sac: contributions by Lacrimal and Maxilla” J. Anat. Soc. Of India, 2012, 61(2); 234-42.
- Nakul Gupta, Ishan Sharma, Meetu Agarwal, Safhi M. Mohammed, Prerna Chauhan, TariqueAnwer,Gyas Khan.“Antidiabetic activity of seed extracts of Caesalpinia crista linn. in experimental animals”. African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 2013;7(26),1808-13.
- Khan H, Gupta N, Safhi MM, Agarwal M, Khan G, Govind M “Antiulcer activity of seed extracts of Gynocardiaodorataroxb. on pylorus ligation and indomethacin induced gastric lesions in albino rats” International Journal of Development Research, 2013: 3(5);49-54.
- Sharma I, Gupta N, Safhi MM, Agarwal M, Chauhan P. “Antipyretic activity of Caesalpinia crista linn. seeds extract in experimental animals”. International Journal of Current Research. 2013: 5(5); 1202-5.
- Gupta N, Safhi MM, Sumaily JMY, Agarwal M. “Drug prescribing patterns in children registered in the department of pediatrics of Jizan general hospital of Jizan, KSA” International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.2013:5(4); 397-99.
- Agarwal M, Nayeem M,Safhi MM, Makeen HA, Sumaily JMY, Gupta N. “Prescribing pattern of drugs in the department of obstetrics and gynaecology in expecting mothers in Jazan region, KSA” International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2014: 6(1); 658-61.
- Gupta N, Chauhan P, Nayeem M, Safhi MM and Agarwal M. “Hepatoprotective activity of seed extracts of Caesalpiniacrista linn. in experimental animals” African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 2014: 8(18); 485-491.
- Gupta N, Safhi MM, Nomier Y, Nayeem M, Husain SM, Tripathi P, and Agarwal M. “Chemoprotective Effect of Leucasaspera Plant in Rats: DEN Induced Hepatocarcinogenesis” Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res., 2015: 30(1):22-27.
- Meetu Agarwal, BK Mishra, Devesh Kumar Sharma/A Cadaveric Study on Variations in Origin of Profunda Femoris Artery in Haryana Population/Indian J Anat. 2021;10(1):19-22.