Events Organized by CSI Student Branch
The various events organized by the CSI student branch of Amrita School of Engineering includes
- Students usually expect some kind of entertainment to unwind themselves in the midst of their academics. So, Computer Society of India - Student Branch of Amrita School of Engineering in association with ASCII (Association of CSE Department) has jointly conducted an Intra-campus Gaming Contest – “Rival Revenge” from February 24th to 26th 2015 to explore the power of intergenerational play. The students of all branches within campus (Coimbatore) have participated and winners were awarded with certificates and cash prizes.
Students were playing NFS and BLUR games in Gaming Contest “Rival Revenge"
- The CSI Student branch of Amrita School of Engineering conducted workshop on “Game Development” between 25th of March, 2014 and 27th of March, 2014. A brief introduction on "how to implement algorithms and data structures in game-development", introduction to the interface of the work environment, creating a terrain for the game and basics of game scripting like functions and variable were covered.
Student explaining-Working with UNITY Software in the workshop of Game Development
- The CSI Student Branch of Amrita organized a motivational conference for school children titled, “Vikasa” on 11 January, 2013. This blossoming technologist’s conference was exclusively for school children of classes 8-12. Around 300 school children participated in Vikasa, out of which 200 were from rural schools and 50% of them were girl students. The events included pep talks, multimedia design workshop, Arduino board workshop and contests. Also working projects models in the theme “Scientific Solutions for Energy, Water and Environment Protection” were showcased by the schools.
- A special motivational lecture on “Empowering the Nation through YOU” was given on 4 March, 2013 in association with the Lions Club of Pollachi, IEEE and ACM student Chapters of Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore. Prof.K.Gangadharan, Chairman-IT delivered the Presidential address.
- An expert lecture by Dr. Manish Shrilalker on “Recent Trends in Computer Vision Technologies” was conducted on 16 March, 2013. Prof. K. Gangadharan, Chairman – IT presided over the lecture.
- The 29th National Student Convention (NSC) of Computer Society of India (CSI) was held at Amrita School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore on 15 and 16 March, 2013. The theme of this convention was “Information Technology Led Inclusive Growth”. This convention was organized by the CSI Coimbatore chapter along with the CSI student branch of AMRITA. More than 500 students from 50 colleges from all parts of the country participated in this convention, which consisted of 9 events like paper presentation, software coding, poster design, mathematical & logical quiz, programming in 2D, technical quiz, C/C++ Virtuoso, best manager and web design contest. More than 50 research papers were presented with special tracks on National Cyber Security challenges & Usage of IT for solving societal and humanitarian challenges with papers like universal registration card, brain fingerprinting, computer vision based sign language, aquatic robots, home energy management systems, Treatment for Hepatocellular carcinoma etc.
Prof.K.Gangadharan and Prof. Prashant R. Nair along with chief guests during 29th National Student Convention
- The CSI Student branch of Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore organized a set of events between 28.10.13 and 06.11.13. The events comprised of a “Techno- Plan” contest and a “Code Wars” contest.
- “Meet the CEO Programme” organized by the CSI Student Branch on 16 February, 2012 had sessions handled by Dr. N.Saravanan, CEO, Nissan Ashok Leyland Technologies and Mr. R. Venugopal,VicePresident, Robert Bosch
- Expert Seminar on “IEEE 802 standards” was organized on 28th February, 2012. The seminar was taken by Prof. K. Gangadharan, Chairman – IT, Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore.
- Dr. Masahiro Fujita, VLSI Design and Education Center (VDEC), University of Tokyo, Japan conducted an expert lecture on “Synthesis and verification of SoC designs” on 2nd August, 2012
- An expert lecture on “Computer Science and Engineering Research” was conducted on 16 August, 2012 by Prof. Huzur Saran, Professor and Head, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. Prof. K. Gangadharan, Chairman-IT presided over the lecture. This was organized along with IEEE and ACM student chapters
- The CSI Student Branch of Amrita organized an expert lecture on “Modeling and Design of 3D Imager IC” on 22 September, 2012 by Dr. Vijayaraghavan Viswanathan, who completed his Ph.D from Lyon Institute of Nanotechnology, France.
- .The CSI and IETE student chapters of Amrita organized a training programme on embedded system, “Mbed NXP LPC 1768” on 27 and 28 October, 2012.
- The CSI student branch of Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore organized a seminar on “Cyber Security Management” by Prof.Harjinder Singh Lillie, Warwick Manufacturing Group of University of Warwick, UK on 28 November, 2012.
- Code Crusade competition was organized on 24 and 25 January, 2011 by CSI student branch of Amrita
- CSI student chapter organized a “Meet the CEO” programme on 9 February 2011. Dr. Madhusudanan Atre, President, Applied Materials delivered a talk on the topic: “Importance of Core Engineering”
- Mr. Satish Babu, Vice-President elect of CSI and President, InApp Technologies, Technopark, Trivandrum inaugurated the “CSI Regional Student Convention (RSC) for Region 7” organized by the Computer Society of India (CSI) Coimbatore chapter at Amrita University, Coimbatore on 17 February, 2011
- An expert seminar on “Global Challenges in Software” was organized on 12 August, 2011. The seminar was delivered by Dr. Jey Veerasamy, Sr. Lecturer, Department of Computer Science, Erik Jonsson School, University of Texas, Dallas, USA. The seminar was inaugurated by Prof. K.Gangadharan, Chairman- Department of IT.
- A month long symposium, “COGITO” was conducted from 12 September to 14 October, 2011. More than 1200 students including CSI,IETE Student Forum members participated in the various events of the symposium like Technical Quiz, Programming and Debugging, General Quiz, Web page designing, Ethical Hacking, As Zap Marketing event, Treasure Hunt and Gaming.Dr. T.R. Padmanabhan, Former Dean-Engineering of AMRITA and Prof. K. Gangadharan, Chairman -IT, AMRITA distributed prizes worth Rs. 30,000/- to the winners on 14 October, 2011. The symposium was organized by Mrs. B. Rajathilagam and Ms. R.R. Sathiya, CSI SBC of AMRITA.
- The CSI Student branch of Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore conducted contest “TECHLOGI” on 20th of October, 2011.
- A one-day In-house Orientation Program on “Employability and Soft Skills” was organized on 4th November 2011. The resource persons were Dr.Vishal Talwar, Professor, School of Management, London School of Economics (LSE) and Mr. C Ballav Sahoo, CEO of VictoryMind Educare, Chennai.
- A one-day seminar on “Research Issues in Image processing” was conducted on 18 November, 2011. 50 participants attended the workshop which was inaugurated by Prof. K. Gangadharan, Chairman-IT. The expert resource person was Dr. M. M.Roomi, Coordinator, Image Processing Special Interest Group (SIG) of Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai.