Coding, Cryptography and Information Theory
Major research objectives
The current research focus includes error control codes and applications of error control codes. Ongoing UG/PG/PhD projects are on Block and Convolutional Turbo codes, LDPC codes and BCH codes. Optimization techniques for decoding algorithms are also a focus of our research. Current research is also based on coded cryptographic scheme for reliable and secure communication. One of the future focuses of the group will be in the area of Genomic coding.
Selected projects by UG / PG students
- Implementation of Multistage Detector for CDMA receiver.
- VLSI Architecture for Reed Solomon CODEC.
- Information set based soft decision decoding.
- Adaptive iterative threshold decoding of Block Turbo Codes.
- Soft Decision Decoding Scheme for Linear Block Codes using Genetic Neural Network algorithm and particle swarm optimization algorithm.
- Decoding of Linear Block Codes using Low Complex A* Algorithm.
- Two stage Hybrid decoding techniques for LDPC.
- Soft decision decoding of linear block codes using Sum product Algorithm.
- A new Space Time Block Codes with Non –vanishing Determinants and performance analysis.
PhD program and area of focus
- Turbo and LDPC codes
- Iterative decoding algorithms
- Secure and reliable communication using coding and cryptography
- Genomic coding
- Yamuna Balasubramanian, Padmanabhan T.R ,"Reliability Level List based decoding of multilevel modulated Block codes", International Journal of Information and Communication Technology, IN PRESS.
- P. Salija, B. Yamuna, “Energy Efficient Error Control Techniques in Wireless Systems: a Survey”, Journal of Communications Technology and Electronics, Vol 60,No.11 pp1257-1263, 2015.
- Harish Kolisetty, Sai Vamsi Krishna Vadlamudi, Vamsi Krishna Chennam, Reddy Raju R, Bhargav Anand Reddy S, Yamuna B, “A fast converging decoding scheme based on Particle Swarm Optimization for block codes”, International journal of applied engineering research, vol.10, No.13, pp 13161-33164,2015.
- Yamuna Balasubramanian, Padmanabhan T.R, "A minimal search soft decision list decoding algorithm for Reed Solomon codes", International Journal of Information andCommunication Technology, Vol. 6, No. 1, Page No:71-85, 2014.
- Kalyani G, Gowtham Raj M, Akilan M, Akshay Gopikumar Menon, Gugan N, Pargunarajan K,” Decoding of Linear block codes using SUM product algorithm, “ International Journal of Electrical, Electronics and Data Communication, Volume - 2, Issue -6 ,June – 2014.
- Yamuna Balasubramanian, Padmanabhan T.R,"Reliability level list based direct target codeword identification algorithm for binary BCH codes",WSEAS Transactions on Communications,Issue 6, Volume 12, Page No: 287-299, 2013.
- Yamuna Balasubramanian, Padmanabhan T.R, "A Reliability Level List based SDD Algorithm for Binary Cyclic Block Codes", International Journal of Computers, Communications & Control, Volume No: 7 ,Page No: 388-395,2012.
- Priyadarshini, N. Pargunarajan, K. “Very-low-rate convolutional codes using modified parallel architecture for spread spectrum applications,” International Conference on Process Automation, Control and Computing, PACC 2011, Jully 2011.( Scopus)
- Priyadarshini, N. Pargunarajan, K., “A Constrained Search Algorithm for Selection of Optimal Generators in Convolutional Encoder,” International Journal of Computer Science Engineering and Technology (IJCSET), July 2011,Vol 1, Issue 6, 324-326.( Scopus)
- Ganesh, A.R. Manikandan, P.N. ; Sethu, S.P. ; Sundararajan, R. ; Pargunarajan, K. ,“An improved AES-ECC hybrid encryption scheme for secure communication in cooperative diversity based Wireless Sensor Networks”, International Conference on Recent Trends in Information Technology (ICRTIT), 2011 Pg 1209 – 1214.( Scopus)
- Ponmathavan S, Priya R, Sabareesan M S and Mr. K. Pargunarajan, “Performance of Alamouti Scheme”, National Research Conference on Challenges and Innovations in Information Tecnology - CIIT’10, pg No 443-446.
- S.Veni, B.Yamuna, 'Implementation of Analog CNN and its applications ' International Conference on Intelligent Sensing and Information Processing, 4-7 Jan 2005.
Opportunities for projects UG/ PG/ PhD
- To work on Turbo codes and LDPC codes.
- To work on the application of coding in cryptographic schemes.
- To work on Genomic coding.
- To work on Decoding Architecture.
- Application of coding techniques to VLSI Test data compression.
- Error correcting codes for semiconductor memory.
- Reduce computational complexity of decoding algorithm.