Major Research Objectives
- Characterize Metamaterials-Based Devices and Materials for Sub-mm Applications
- Ray Tracing Simulation Studies of Heavy Ions in Complex EM Fields
- Rad-Hard Circuit Design for Space Applications
- Electronic Materials and Devices for Sensing and Energy Harvesting: Experimental & Simulation Aspects
- Energy Harvesting: Device Technologies and Control Architectures
Selected Best Projects by UG/PG Students
- Carbon Nanostructures for EMI Shielding
- Cement based EMI Shielding
- Ray tracing simulation studies of heavy ions in complex EM fields
- Implementation of microcontroller based floral fragrance analysis system
- Data Analytics
- Data Analytics/Embedded Systems
Ph. D. Program and Area of Focus
The research scholars associated with the faculty members are working in the following research areas.
- Design of an improved adaptive beam forming system for Landing RADAR application
- Security for Smart Grid and Smart Infrastructure Systems
- Data Analytics for modelling of materials’ and device’ characteristics.
- Material Characterization at RF Frequencies
- IBM (under Shared University Research SUR) Ongoing 2015-2017 Malware Detection Using FPGA, Sandboxing and Machine Learning - INR 7, 68,000
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) Submitted Two years EM Studies on Coconut and Quality Evaluation by Non Destructive Techniques INR 17,60,000 (Submitted)
- CDB, Gov. India Submitted 2016-2018 Yield Estimation of Coconut in Kerala using Hyperspectral Images - INR. 35,00,000 (Submitted)
- TIDE Submitted 3 Years - A low-cost hand and arm rehabilitation system. - INR.25,16,760/- (Submitted)
- Srinikethan M S, Aravind S, Avinash N, Shanmugha Sundaram G A, “Two Dimensional Array of Layered Metal-Dielectric Sandwich Structures for Terahertz Applications”, Proceedings of ICACCI 2015, IEEE, pp. 684-8, 2015.
- Harish S, Srinivasan S, Srinikethan M S, Shanmugha Sundaram G A, "3-D stack of waveguide structures with hour-glass slot structure for terahertz antenna applications", Proceedings of ICACCI 2015, IEEE, pp. 689-93, 2015.
- Dhanesh, P., Harish Ram, D.S, A fast and scalable pattern matching scheme for NIDS using Z algorithm, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 10 (16), pp. 37563-37568 2015.
- Balaji, A. Jayanth, and D S Harish Ram. "FPGA Based System for Denial of Service Detection in Smart Grid. 2015.
- B. B. Nair and M. Sasikala, “GA-Wavelet based Multi-Patient Heart Sound Monitoring System,” Int. J. Appl. Eng. Res., vol. 10, no. 16, pp. 37469–37473, 2015.
- Jolly R, Shanmugha Sundaram G A, “Design and Evaluation of Printed Log Periodic Dipole Antenna for an L-band Electrically Steerable Array System”, Proceedings of ICCSC 2014, IEEE, pp. 6, ISBN: 978-1-4799-6013-2 2014.
- N. R. Sakthivel, B. B. Nair, and V. Sugumaran, “Soft computing approach to fault diagnosis of centrifugal pump,” Appl. Soft Comput. J., vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 1574–1581, 2012.
- N. R. Sakthivel, V. Sugumaran, and B. B. Nair, “Automatic rule learning using roughset for fuzzy classifier in fault categorization of mono-block centrifugal pump,” Appl. Soft Comput. J., vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 196–203, 2012.
- S.Pandi, Sabarish Naryanan B, V.P.McGinn, “Analysis and Design of Planar Multilayered Parabolic Absorber for Low Power Applications”, Electromagnetics (Taylor and Francis), 31:6, pp: 448-459, August 2011.
- Varun Gopal K, Premkumar P, P.K.Krishnan Namboori, Sabarish Naryanan B and Deepa Gopakumar, “Insilico Modeling and Simulation of Magnetic Nano Particles for the Biological Cell Isolation Techniques”, International Journal of Nanoscience, vol:10, issue:1-2, pp:323-327, February 2011.
- Yazhini, S. Anbu, and D. S. HarishRam. "High level synthesis of data flow graphs using integer linear programming for switching power reduction." ICSSN 2011.
Opportunities for Projects UG/PG/PhD
Please contact the faculty members associated with this TAG by email to know about various research opportunities.