Col BK Mishra did his graduation from Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) in 1984, after doing a tenure at the border in high altitude he qualified for post-graduation and elected to do it in Anatomy as he would be able to indulge in his love for teaching. He was part of the team that started the Army College of Dental Sciences in Secunderabad. He was also part of the team that started the Army College of Medical Sciences in Delhi. Subsequently Indian Army inducted him on the advisory team to go to Kathmandu and advise Nepal Army on starting the Nepal Army Institute of Health Sciences (NAIHS).
He headed the Department of Anatomy in AFMC, Pune from 2006 to 2008. Subsequently he was heading the Anatomy Dept and working as Deputy Dean of Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi Cantt from 2009 to 2016. He finally retired as Professor Anatomy from AFMC, Pune in May 2019.
- MBBS, MS (Anatomy) – both from AFMC, Pune
Specialization and Expertise
- Anatomy with special interest in Histology
- BK Mishra, Sush1I Kumar. 3D Anatomy. Implication for Teachers Indian Journal of Anatomy .Vol 4 Number 1, Jan-Apr 2015.
- BK Mishra, Sushil Kumar an Observational Study Showing Incidence of Heart Disease in the Male Population from North India. Annals of International Medical and Dental Research Vol (1), Issue (3).
- BK Mishra, Sushil Kumar. Incidence of Skeletal Deformities in the Male Population of some North Indian Districts. Indian Journal of Anatomy Vol 4. Sep – Dec 2015.
- T Shrivastava, Y Yadav, L Garg, BK Mishra, S Ghatak. Median Musculocutaneous Nerve Communication. International Medical Journal. Vol 19, No 3, pp 269-270, Sep 2012
- T Shrivastava, Lalit Garg, BK Mishra, Neeta Chhabra High Division of Sciatic Nerve International Journal of Research 1n Medical Sciences 2014 May; 2(2) ·686-688
- Neeta Chhabra, T Shrivastava. . Lalit Garg. BK Mishra. Accessory Spleen and its Clinical Significance: A Case Report. International Journal of Anatomy & Research. 2014, Vol2 (2):29-32. ISSN 2321-4287
- S Pandit, Sushil Kumar, BK Mishra. Comparative Study of Anatomical Specimens using Plastination by Araldite HY103, Polypropylene Resin, 6170H19 Orthocryl and Silicone – A Qualitative Study. Medical Journal Armed Forces India (2015) 246-253
- Neeta Chhabra, T Shrivastava, Lalit Garg, BK Mishra. An Anatomical Variant Caudate Lobe in a Cadaver International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. 2014 May; 2(2):759-761.
- Chhabra N, Mishra BK Sexual Dimorphism and Ethnic Variations in Facial Index A Study done on North Indian Adults. International Journal of Health Sciences Res 2015; 5(4): 109- 115.
- Neeta Chhabra, Suraj Prakash, BK Mishra. An Anatomical Study of Glenoid Cavity: Its importance in Shoulder. International Journal of Anatomy and Research 2015, 3(3). 1419-24
- Lt Col (Dr) VOS Jamwal. Maj (Dr) Mohan Angadi, Col (Dr) Sushil Kumar. Col (Dr) B K Mishra • Morphological assesment of Human Embryos and Embryo Culture using Embryoscope”. World Journal of Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences WJPLS, Jul 2016, Vol 2. Issue 4, p333-338.