Dr. Sanjay Raina is an experienced senior physician with over 24 years of clinical experience after his postgraduation in internal medicine. He has special expertise in Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Cardiology, Diabetes and Metabolic disorders, Rheumatology, Infectious diseases and Neurology. He established the department of medicine at ESI Hospital Chinchwad Pune and also at ESIPGIMSR Andheri Mumbai. He spent over 13 years at ESIPGIMSR Delhi where he set up the Diabetic Clinic in 2009. Dr Sanjay Raina received training in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy at G B Pant Hospital Delhi, India and subsequently started the GI Endoscopy services at ESI Hospital Basaidarapur in 2012. He went on to start the department of Gastroenterology at ESIPGIMSR Delhi in 2021. He successfully completed with distinction Postgraduate program in Diabetology by John Hopkins University school of Medicine in 2014. He participated in the Strategic Management in Healthcare Program for ESIC at Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad in 2015. Dr Sanjay Raina completed the three part MRCP (UK) exam and gained Membership of the Royal College of Physicians in 2016. As Professor he has established himself as an astute clinician and a keen academician who has been teaching postgraduates for more than a decade.
- MBBS 1992
- MD Medicine 1998
- Postgraduate fellowship in Diabetology 2014
- MRCP(UK) 2016
Specialization & Expertise
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology – Upper GI endoscopy, colonoscopy, management of all types of liver disease.
- Cardiology – ECG, TMT, Echocardiography, Non-invasive management of Coronary artery disease, expert management of chronic heart failure
- Diabetes and metabolic – expert outpatient and inpatient management of IDDM, NIDDM. Management of Obesity, Hyperuricemia, Cholesterol and lipids.
- Rheumatology – Rheumatoid arthritis, SLE, Psoriatic arthritis, Spondyloarthropathies.
- Infections – pneumonia, UTI, enteric fever, TB, Malaria, Management of epidemic infections like dengue fever, Covid 19, Chikungunya fever. HIV management.
- Neurology – management of Stroke, epilepsy, neuropathy, Parkinson disease.
- Certificate in Electrocardiography Indian society of Electrocardiography August 2008
- Certificate in Occupational Diseases DGFASLI Mumbai September 2008
- Certificate in Strategic Healthcare Management from IIM Ahmedabad August 2015
- Clinico-Pathological Profile of Typhoid Fever Patients in Delhi. Jiacm2017;18(4):245-47
- Clinical Profile of Patients with Gestational Diabetes and its Association with Maternal and Neonatal Morbidity and Mortality. Jiacm2017;18(4):253-56
- Correlation of Apolipoprotein B and Apolipoprotein A 1 with Metabolic Syndrome –Single centre experience from Delhi. Jiacm2018;19(3):191-94
- Epidemiology and clinical profile of patients with upper gastrointestinal bleeding in a tertiary level hospital. PARIPEX – INDIAN JOURNAL OF RESEARCH Volume-8 | Issue-3 | March-2019 | PRINT ISSN No – 2250-1991