Workshops and Conferences at The School of Pharmacy
Workshops and Seminars
- One day seminar on Computer aided drug discovery the emerging field in Pharmaceutical R & D by Mr. R. Raghu, Senior Director, Schrodinger Inc., USA on December 29, 2010.
- A one day seminar on Perspectives in Drug Discovery: Changing Paradigms by Dr. M. K. Unnikrishnan of Manipal University on December 23, 2010.
- A one day seminar on Clinical Research Scenario in India by Clinical Research Management (ICRM) on December 11, 2010.
- A One day seminar on Pain Management in Paediatric Patients on November 19, 2010.
- A One day seminar on Stereochemical aspects of Drug design and new approaches towards drug design on respiratory and pulmonary infections by Dr. A. R. Batt , Manipal College of Pharmacy on September 16, 2010.
- A two day international seminar on Pharmacoeconomics in Indian Healthcare was organized by Amrita School of Pharmacy during October 19 - 20, 2009.
- A two day seminar on Modern Trends in Pharmacy Practice was organized by Amrita School of Pharmacy during August 28 - 29, 2009.
- A three day workshop on Pharmacoeconomics and Quality of Life was organized by Amrita School of Pharmacy during August 17 - 19, 2009.
- A One day International seminar on, Emerging trends in Pharmacy Practice by Dr. James Doyle Scott of Western University of Health Sciences, California, USA on February 20, 2009.
- A one day seminar on Recent Trends in Pharmacy Practice on December 5, 2008.
- Spectral Analysis in Pharmaceutical Research, March 22, 2010
A one day National Seminar on Spectral Analysis in Pharmaceutical Research, was organised at Amrita School of Pharmacy on March 22, 2010.
- Pharmacoeconomics in Indian Healthcare, October 19-20, 2009
A two-day international workshop on Pharmacoeconomics in Indian Healthcare was organised at Amrita School of Pharmacy, Kochi, Kerala, on October 19-20, 2009. The speakers at the event include Dr. Rajesh Balakrishnan, (Director, Centre for Medication Use, Policy & Economics at the University of Michigan), Dr. Pippalla S. Rao., (Principal, Vignan Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Andhra Pradesh), Dr. K. R. Sundaram (Professor & HOD, Department of Biostatistics, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences), Dr. Jose V. T. (Department of Economics, Sacred Heart College, Kochi) and Dr. Shobha Rani (Professor & HOD, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Al-Ameen College of Pharmacy, Bangalore).
The workshop was organised with the intention of imparting training on Pharmacoeconomics and Applications in Indian Healthcare to Faculties, Students, Research Scholars and Pharmacy Professionals. The topics covered by the workshop include - Principles and Methods of Pharmacoeconomics, The growing need for Pharmacoeconomic Evaluations in India, Introduction to Quality of Life Domains, Statistical Methods in Pharmacy Education and Research, Assessment of Quality of Life in Patients: Scales and Methods, Spirituality, Religion and Personal Beliefs as Components of QOL of Patients, and Cost Effectiveness Analysis and its Applications. In addition to the scientific sessions, a practical training session was also organised, to inculcate an urge among participants to involve in research projects based on Pharmacoeconomic methodologies.
- Modern Trends in Pharmacy Practice, August 28-29, 2009
A two-day professional development program was organized by the Amrita School of Pharmacy in association with AICTE, on topics such as Drug Store Management, Procurement and Inventory Control, Formulary Systems, Poly Pharmacy, Medication Errors, Patient Counseling Strategies, etc. Practicing pharmacists (hospital, community and clinical pharmacists), M. Pharm. students and teachers attended the program. Eminent speakers / teachers lead the sessions. The participants have got an opportunity to visit the specialty departments of Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Asia's leading tertiary care hospital.
Objectives of the Programme were:
- Be aware of important trends in continuing professional development in Pharmacy Practice, Pharmaceutical Care.
- Describe current innovations across the many aspects of Hospital & Clinical Pharmacy Services.
- Acquire skills that are relevant and applicable to the professional development roles and responsibilities.
- Develop plans to enhance current roles and responsibilities in professional development and Pharmacy practice more effectively.
- Recent Trends in Pharmacy, December 5, 2008
Amrita School of Pharmacy organized a National Seminar on "Recent Trends in Pharmacy", PHARMASEARCH 2008, in association with National Pharmacy Week celebration on 5th Dec. 2008 at AIMS Heathcare Campus.
There were four scientific sessions and the following speakers gave talk on various topics:-
1. Dr. R. Saraswathi, Director, Alshifa College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Perinthalmanna, "Career Opportunities for Undergraduates in Pharmacy".
2. Prof. D. Aravindakshan, Managing Director, Agastya Biopharma Ltd., Palakkad, "Drugs from Plants".
3. Mr. P. Selvam, Asst. Professor, Amrita School of Pharmacy, "Novel Therapeutics Targets in Treatment of HIV/AIDS".
4. Prof. M. S. Ganachari, Professor, KLE College of Pharmacy, KLE University, Belgaum, "Clinical Trial - Pharmacist's Perspective".
5. Dr. V. Balakrishnan, Prof. Dept. of Gastroenterology, "Clinical Trials - Clinician's Perspective".
The above sessions were chaired by Dr. D. M. Vasudevan, Former Principal, Amrita School of Medicine, Dr. S. Gopalakrishnan, Professor, Sree Ramakrishna Institute of Paramedical Sciences, Coimbatore, Dr. M. G. K. Pillai, Professor, Dept of General Medicine and Dr. K. R. Sundaram, Prof & HOD, Dept. of Biostatistics.
More than 350 delegates were participated in the program from other pharmacy colleges and various departments from the AIMS Campus and the programme concluded with certificate distribution to the delegates.
- Ms. Akhila Sivadas, Final Year, Pharm. D. (P B) won the best poster award for the topic "Development and Implementation of Amrita Pediatric Dosage Calculation Software" in the one-day national scientific seminar on Medicines - Drug Discovery to Dosage Form conducted at Govt. Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram on April 03, 2014.
- Rijo John, Sabitha M. gave oral/podium presentation on "Liquisolid technique for enhanced dissolution of curcumin and targetting to colon cancer" at 64th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress held at SRM university, Chennai on 7th - 9th December 2012 and was selected as best paper.
- Seven Posters were presented from Amrita School of Pharmacy at 64th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress held at SRM university, Chennai on 7th - 9th December 2012
- "Preparation and Evaluation of Extended Release Tablet of Propranolol Hydrochloride" by Arun Ravi, Rajan V. K., Tony Joseph, Manu Sankar K. O., Vidya Viswanath
- "Assessment of Various Risk Factors of Breast Cancer" by Teena Mary Joy, Athira Raju, Vijayalakshmi S., Lakshmi R.
- "A Study on Comorbidities Associated with Psoriasis" by Meenu Vijayan, Roshni P. R., Remya Reghu, Emmanual James
- "A Survey on Prescribing Mode of Antibiotics and NSAIDs in Communicable Diseases Especially Chikungunya" by Remya Reghu, Meenu Vijayan, Roshni P. R.
- "Study of Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Diabetic Patients in a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital" by Roshni P. R., Remya Reghu, Emmanual James, Meenu Vijayan
- "Anti Arthritic Effect of Analgesic, Steroid and Vanpain Capsule in Male Arthritic Patients" by Jolly Francis
- "A Survey About the Leading Cause of Chronic Liver Diseases in a by Tertiary Care Hospital" by Akhila Sivadas, Smitha S., Remya Reghu
- Sonal Sekhar M, poster titled."Safety Profile and Cost Evaluation for the Treatment of MDR TB", accepted for presentation at ISPOR 4th Asia-Pacific Conference, September 5-7, 2010, at Phuket, Thailand.
- Jiny Varghese K., Athira Sukumaran, Neethu Das, Rajasree R., gave presentation on, "Pharmacognostical Investigation on the Entire Plant of Aerualanata (Linn)", at National Conference on Recent Advances in Herbal Drug Processing, Development and Research - Herbotech 2010, at Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai, on January 21, 2010.
- Belzik N, Resiya Shereefa, Nisha Abdul Rehman, Anila Jose, Aneesh T. P., won first prize for the poster, "Target Oriented Molecular Modeling by Combinatorial Library Design", at 3rd National Conference on Pharmaceutical Research Organized by Nehru College of Pharmacy, Thrissur, on January 20-21, 2010.
- Seetha Harilal, Della Grace Thomas Parambi, Dr. Molly Mathew, won first prize for oral presentation on, "A Validated Quantitative Estimation of Valsartan from Tablet Formulations", at 3rd National Conference on Pharmaceutical Research Organized by Nehru College of Pharmacy, Thrissur, on January 20-21, 2010.
- Five Papers for the Poster Presentation are accepted from the Amrita School of Pharmacy, for 61st Indian Pharmaceutical Congress (IPC), held on Dec 11 - 13 at Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Study on Drug Use in Paediatric Inpatients in a Tertiary Care Hospital, by Merin Cherian, Vibha M, Rajasree PH, Sonal Sekhar
- Study on Dispensing Errors in a Tertiary Care Hospital, by Sonal Sekhar, Mini Anne Mathew, Suja Abraham
- Drug Coding System: An Effective Tool for Avoiding Medication Errors, by Aneesh S. A. , Anuraag Muralidharan , Shenoy P. O.
- Confrontational Use of Antibiotics in Paediatric Prescriptions, by Anuraag Muralidharan, Arya Subash, Anupama P. P., Vidya Vishwanad
- Design and Evaluation of Metformin Hydrochloride Sintered Matrix Tablets, by Sumith G., Anoop K. R., Shoma Jose, Asha Jose
- Asha Jose, S. Sathianarayanan, Suja Abraham, A. Rajasekharan, gave presentation on "Antioxidant and Free Radical Scavenging Activity of Wrightia Tinctoria Leaves", International Seminar on Herbal Drug Research: Present and Future Prospects, Sponsored by J. S. S. University and AICTE New Delhi , Dec 4-5, 2009, organized by TIFAC CORE in Herbal Drugs and Dept. of Phyto Pharmacy and Phytomedicine, J. S. S. College of Pharmacy, Ooty.
- Asha Jose, S. Sathianarayanan, Suja Abraham, A. Rajasekharan, presented poster on, "Preliminary Phytochemical Screening and Anti Hepatitis C Virus Activity of Indigofera Tinctoria", at 5th World Congress on Cellular and Molecular Biology, Sponsored by World Society of Cellular and Molecular Biology,France, Nov 2-6, 2009, School of Biotechnology, Devi Ahilya University, Indore.
- S. Sathianarayanan, Asha Jose, Suja Abraham, A. Rajasekharan, presented poster on, "Phytochemical Standardisation and Anti HIV and Cytotoxicity Studies of Wrightia Tinctoria", at 5th World Congress on Cellular and Molecular Biology, Sponsored by World Society of Cellular and Molecular Biology, France, Nov 2-6, 2009, School of Biotechnology, Devi Ahilya University, Indore.
- Two Posters from Amrita School of Pharmacy were presented at the II Louis Pasteur Memorial Symposium 2009, sponsored by ICMR & CSIR, at NGP Arts and Science College, KMCH, Coimbatore.
- Phytochemical Investigations and Antibacterial Activity of Wrightia Tinctoria, by Asha Jose, S. Sathianarayanan, Dhanya Mohan, Suja Abraham.
- Preliminary Phytochemical & Antimicrobial Investigation of Indigofera Tinctoria, by Dhanya Mohan, Asha Jose, S. Sathianarayanan, Suja Abraham.
- Merin Cherian, Rajasree P. H., Vibha M., Aneesh T. P., Sonal Sekhar M., Presented Poster on "Indian Herbal Drug for General Healthcare", at National Conference on Novel Concepts on Pharmaceutical Research - PHYCOPHARM 09, Sponsored by AICTE, 21st and 22nd Feb. 2009, Nehru College of Pharmacy, Thrissur, Kerala and Won First Prize.
- Four Papers for the Poster Presentation, from the Amrita School of Pharmacy:
- Diuretic Activities of Alangium Salvifolium , by Diana Thomas, IIIrd B. Pharm.
- Hypertension and Pregnancy: An Overview, by Sarine Sabastian, IIIrd B. Pharm.
- Hepatoprotective Activity of LIV - First Against Carbon Tetrachloride Induced Hepatotoxicity in Albino Rats, by Ligi Kurien, IIIrd B. Pharm.
- Preliminary Standardisation and Antihepatitis - C Virus Activity of Wrightia Tinctoria, by Rijo Marry George, IIIrd B. Pharm. were accepted for 60th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress (IPC) held on Dec. 12 - 14 at Nataji Subhas Institute of Technology, New Delhi.
- Mohamed Hisham, Sathyanarayanan S., Aneesh T. P., Sonal Sekhar M., Presented Poster on " Secrets of Anti - Ageing" , at National Seminar on Recent Trends in Pharmaceutical Sciences and Education, 28th Nov. 2008 , Al Shifa College of Pharmacy, Perinthalmanna and Won Second Prize.
- P. Selvam, Presented Papers on "Antimicrobial Activities of Chloroform Extract of Morinda Citrifolia", "Inhibition of West Nile Virus Protease Activity by Morinda Citrifolia", at Nonisearch 2008, 3rd National Symposium at Delhi, 18th - 19th Oct. 2008.