Amrita Curriculum Innovation Course 'Computational Thinking & Problem Solving' Showcased at Anna University

Prashant R. Nair, Vice Chairperson, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore, showcased the Amrita Computational Thinking & Problem Solving (CTPS) experience as a case study in Anna University's Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on "CS6402-Design & Analysis of Algorithms", conducted from 24th November, 2017 to 30th November, 2017.

Four-Day Camp on Leadership Training Programme at Amritapuri Campus

A four-day camp on leadership training programme started at Amrita Vishwa VIdyapeetham's Amritapuri campus on 26th December, 2017.  The camp was jointly organised by AYUDH, the International youth movement of Mata Amritanandamayi Math and Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. Swami Amritaswarupananda Puri, President of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, inaugurated the camp. World renowned Indian journalist and speaker S. Gurumoorthy conducted a class on leadership training during the camp. Apart from being self-enlightened, one should guide others by one's own belief without thinking about compensation, he said. The camp, designed for leadership training shall contain workshops led by famous people who have proved themselves to be great leaders possessing good leadership qualities, unique training methods, all presented in a fun manner.

Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences Successfully Conducts Hand Transplant Surgeries

The Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS), Kochi, have successfully conducted two hand transplant surgeries in the year 2017. The procedures followed in hand transplant surgeries are very similar to the procedures that one follows for donation of kidneys and liver. Organ donation has come a long way.

Alumni Meet 2017 Held at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore Campus

The annual alumni meet of the Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore, was held at the campus on 23rd December, 2017. As part of the event, a photo exhibition of the Coimbatore campus showcasing photos from the years 1992 to 2017 illustrated the growth of the campus over the years. 

Amrita Doctor Submits Survey Report on Immunisation

Dr. Aswathy S., Professor, Department of Community Medicine, Amrita School of Medicine, submitted a survey report, on immunisation in Kochi and Kanayannur taluks, to the Deputy District Medical Officer. The report comprises of almost half the population of the district, it has been found that while the immunisation coverage of children in the 12-23 months age group was about 89%, the total immunisation coverage of children of 5-6 years was found to be 72%, leaving 28% children partially immunised. This finding looks important in the wake of the increased reporting of diphtheria cases in the district in the middle of the year. There were three suspected diphtheria deaths and 38 suspected cases in the district during the year.