The Amrita College of Nursing, Kochi, will organize Nursing Research Day - “A National Forum on Nursing Research” on December 12, 2018. It is aimed to bring together the nursing fraternity to reflect and discuss on strengths and weaknesses, issues/challenges and ways to overcome them.
About Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, the 8th best University of India in the NIRF ranking 2018 supports the research activities to a great extent as reflected in the mission. Amrita College of Nursing, a constituent unit of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham has completed 15 successful years of its existence. The college has grown tremendously in its research culture.
In fact, the UG and PG nursing students have research as a subject in the curriculum. Nurses do work sincerely on seemingly simple research topics that have a great impact on people. But often lacks skill in writing manuscripts and paper presentations. Hence there is a need to introspect nursing researches with a view to improve the visibility in quality. This research day has been planned to strengthen the awareness on topics such as writing manuscripts, plagiarism, statistical methods used etc.
- Explore the strengths and weaknesses of nursing research and ways to overcome the weaknesses.
- Address the issues/challenges faced by the nurse researchers
- Strengthen the awareness on selected topics as writing manuscripts, statistical methods and plagiarism.
- Faculty, nurses and students
Call for Abstracts
- Abstracts for oral/poster presentations are invited from faculty, nursing staff and students.
- Theme: Topics to be relevant to nursing.
- Guidelines for submission of abstracts:
- Last date for submission: on or before November 12, 2018.
- Abstracts to be limited to 250 words in English in A4 size. The content should be in IMRAD form.
- Name of the presenting author must be underlined. Duration of oral presentation – 10 min (7 min for presentation and 3 min for discussion).
- Poster size should be 4 x 3 ft or 120 x 90 cm.
- Participants should confirm registration on or before November 12, 2018, through e-mail/telephonically.
*Registration fee does not include food and accommodation.