Students enrolled in the MA Journalism & Mass Communication programme receive instruction in both technical abilities and critical media analysis. The postgraduate programme lasts for two years. In order to inform the public, the course covers the study of mass media, including newspapers, magazines, movies, radio, television, etc.
Students benefit from advanced theoretical and practical expertise in a variety of media careers, including journalism, advertising, event management, public relations, and others, thanks to this course. In the past ten years, the mass communication sector has experienced a tremendous expansion, with an increase in the number of media outlets and news channels. By leveraging the most up-to-date technology platforms, such as blogs, websites, and television, mass communication genuinely involves spreading knowledge that is not already known to everyone on the planet.
The program makes the student capable of:
- Assimilating novel Ideas and innovations and transform it into different journalistic forms
- Critically drawing connections and analysing media messages by contrasting and organizing viewpoints
- Developing a critical and scholarly thinking in national and international politics, economy, ethics, culture, religion, and social institutions.
- Applying ethical communication, principles and practices in academic, journalistic, personal, vocational and civic situations.
- Transforming abstract/textual concepts into concrete news reports in any media form
- News gathering, advertising and public relation, program production
Programme Duration: 2 years (2 Semesters)