B. Sc. in Medical Radiologic Technology is an Undergraduate Program offered by Amrita Center for Allied Health Sciences.
This branch of Allied Health Science deals with the use of sophisticated technology in medical imaging and cancer treatment. It has various sub specialties such as Radiology, Radiotherapy & Nuclear medicine.
Students of this program are taught Human Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, General physics & electronics, Atomic & nuclear physics, Mathematics, Pathology, Community medicine, Radio diagnosis, Radiation Oncology and Radiation Physics.
In Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Departments of Radiology & Radiation Oncology are jointly conducting B.Sc MRT program since 2005.
The department of radiology has all kinds of advanced imaging equipments such as
- Five X-ray machines(GE Tejus Digital Radiography, Prognosis DR System & Siemens Multiphos 10) and four portable X-ray units(Siemens multimobilite 300MA, Siemens Multiphos 100 MA & Shimadzu Mobileart) with three CR processors (Fuji FR profect CS, Fuji FCR XG I & Fuji FCR Capsula Excel II) & Two film processors [Kodak Dryview 8900& Promax X-ray film processor(wet processor)].
- Mammograhy unit (Siemens Mammomat 3000 Nova) for imaging of breast lesions.
- C-arm (Siemens Axion Artis Zee 1000MA) for interventional & angiographic procedures.
- Fluoroscopy equipment(Siemens Siereskop 1000MA) for special radiographic procedures.
- Two MRI(Magnetic Resonance imaging)machines (siemens Magnetom Symphony 1.5 T & GE Signa HDX XT)
- Three CT(Computed Tomography) machines( Siemens Somatom Emotion 16 slice, GE discovery Pet-CT 8 slice & Siemens cardiac sensation 64).
- Six Doppler /Ultrasound Machines (Siemens Sonoline G 40,Siemens Acuson Antares,Siemens Sonoline Antares, Aloka alpha 7 ,Siemens adara & Sonosite).