B. Sc. in Medical Radiologic Technology is an Undergraduate Program offered by Amrita Center for Allied Health Sciences. This branch of Allied Health Science deals with the use of sophisticated technology in medical imaging and cancer treatment. It has various sub specialties such as Radiology, Radiotherapy & Nuclear medicine.
Students of this program are taught Human Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, General physics & electronics, Atomic & nuclear physics, Mathematics, Pathology, Community medicine, Radio diagnosis, Radiation Oncology and Radiation Physics.
In Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Departments of Radiology & Radiation Oncology are jointly conducting B.Sc MRT program since 2005.
The department of radiology has all kinds of advanced imaging equipments such as
- Five X-ray machines (GE Tejus Digital Radiography, Philips Digital Diagnost , Canon Prorad, Siemens 10B Multix Basic)
- Four portable X-ray units (Siemens Mobilett XP Eco & Shimadzu Mobileart) with three CR processors (Fuji FR profect CS Plus & One film processors [FujiFilm Drypix 7000])
- Mammograhy unit (Siemens Mammomat Inspiration) for imaging of breast lesions.
- C-arm (Siemens Axion Artis Zee 1000MA) for interventional & angiographic procedures.
- Fluoroscopy equipment (Siemens lumino Select) for special radiographic procedures.
- Two MRI (Magnetic Resonance imaging)machines (GE Signa HDxt 1.5T , GE Discovery MR 750W)
- Two CT (Computed Tomography) machines (Siemens Somatom Emotion 16 slice, Philips Brilliance iCT 256 slice).
- Six Doppler / Ultrasound Machines (Mind ray, Philips IU 22, Philips EpiqSG).
Department of Radiation Oncology is performing all latest Radiotherapy Techniques like IMRT, IGRT, VMAT, SRS with 3d Line, SRT, SBRT, TSET, TBI, CSI, TOMO THERAPY VMAT CYBERKNIFE RADIOSURGERY.
- The department of Radiation Oncology is well equipped with all latest machines such as
- 2 linear Accelerators (Elekta Synergy with XVI & Elekta Precise treatment)
- 2 Tomotherapy (Accuray Tomo HD & Accuray Radixact)
- Cyber Knife Radio surgery (Accuray Cyber knife M6 )
- Dedicated 4 D CT Simulator ( GE Optima 580 WRT) for 3d planning
- Dedicated Conventional Simulator (Nucletron Simulux Evolution) for 2d Planning
- Brachy Therapy unit (Nucletron Micro Selectron)
- Treatment Planning Systems (Oncentra, Xio, Monaco, Accuray Multiplan)
- Dedicated Mould Room with Styrofoam Cutter for Block preparation.