M. Tech. in Power Electronics
Power Electronics plays an important role in processing and controlling the flow of electric energy by supplying voltages and currents in forms that are optimally suited for the user loads from a few watts to several mega watts. The application areas include wide spectrum such as Heating and Lighting Control, AC and DC Power Supplies, Electric Motor Control, Energy Conservation, Process Control and Factory Automation, Transportation, HVDC, FACTS Devices, Power Quality Improvement etc.
Power Electronics encompasses many fields within Electrical engineering.
The PG program includes courses in Mathematics, Cultural Education and the core subject areas. In core subject areas, emphasis is given on power processors with recent and emerging power switching devices, electrical machines and their control, measurement and processing of signals, signal processors, control systems and digital system design required to build any power electronic equipment with necessary controllers. The program offers electives for the students to enhance the knowledge of emerging machines, areas of power electronics applications and techniques to optimize the designs.
The Program culminates with a project work in which the students are encouraged to work on specific areas involving design, simulation, fabrication and testing of any power electronics system having research/industrial application values.
Duration of the Course:Two years
- Tata Elxsi
- Amagi Media labs
- IBM India Ltd.
- Cognizant Technologies
- HCL Technologies
- L&T Construction Ltd.
- Garuda Vayu Shakthi Ltd.
- UST Global
- L&T ECC
- L&T Infotech Ltd.
- Mahindra Satyam
- IP Infusion Softaware
- Cordys Software
- MPHASIS Ltd.
- Tavant Technologies (I) Pvt. Ltd.
Eligibility :A Pass with Minimum 60% in B.E./B.Tech in the relevant area of specialisation or equivalent qualification.
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Linear Algebra and Matrix Algebra
- Power Converters I
- Electrical Machine Analysis
- Analog Signal Processing and Control
- Soft Computing
- Simulation Laboratory
- Digital Signal Processing
- Power Converters II
- Electric Drives and Control
- Digital Signal Processors
- Digital Signal Design
- Flexible AC Transmission Systems
- High Voltage DC Transmission
- Power Quality Improvement
- Over Voltage in Power Systems
- Electric Power Quality
- Energy Conservation and Management
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Power System Operation and Control
- Design for Reliability
- Optimization Theory
- Computational Optimization Theory –Linear and Non- Linear Methods
- Special Electric Machines
- Electromagnetic Interference and Compatibility
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Optimal and Adaptive Control Systems
- Electrical Machine Analysis Using Finite Element Analysis