- Determination of principal axis in unsymmetrical bending of beams.
- Experiment on constant strength beam.
- Determination of shear centre location for open and closed thin-walled sections.
- Testing of beam with combined loading.
- Measurement on vibrations of beams.
- Wagner beam – Tension field beam experiments.
- Determination of stresses in thin walled cylinder.
- Finding the buckling strength of column using the South well plot test.
In addition to the conventional tests, students are assigned to open lab projects that involve experimental studies including fabrication and setting up unconventional testing methods to understand the basic concepts of thin walled member behaviour.