'Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics - Practical' is a course offered in the fourth year of Pharm. D. program at School of Pharmacy, Health Sciences campus, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
Course Duration: 3 Hrs./Week
- Improvement of dissolution characteristics of slightly soluble drugs by some methods.
- Comparison of dissolution studies of two different marketed products of same drug.
- Influence of polymorphism on solubility and dissolution.
- Protein binding studies of a highly protein bound drug and poorly protein bound drug.
- Extent of plasma-protein binding studies on the same drug (i.e. highly and poorly protein bound drug) at different concentrations in respect of constant time.
- Bioavailability studies of some commonly used drugs on animal/human model.
- Calculation of Ka, Ke, t1/2, Cmax, AUC, AUMC, MRT etc. from blood profile data.
- Calculation of bioavailability from urinary excretion data for two drugs.
- Calculation of AUC and bioequivalence from the given data for two drugs.
- In vitro absorption studies.
- Bioequivalency studies on the different drugs marketed. (eg) Tetracycline, Sulphamethoxzole, Trimethoprim, Aspirin etc., on animals and human volunteers.
- Absorption studies in animal inverted intestine using various drugs.
- Effect on contact time on the plasma protein binding of drugs.
- Studying metabolic pathways for different drugs based on elimination kinetics data.
- Calculation of elimination half-life for different drugs by using urinary elimination data and blood level data.
- Determination of renal clearance.
- Biopharmaceutics and Clinical Pharmacokinetics by, Milo Gibaldi
- Remington’s Pharmaceutical Sciences, By Mack Publishing Company, Pennsylvnia.
- Pharmacokinetics: By Milo Glbaldi Donald, R. Mercel Dekker Inc.
- Hand Book of Clinical Pharmacokinetics, By Milo Gibaldi and Laurie Prescott by ADIS Health Sci- ence Press.
- Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics; By Robert F Notari
- Biopharmaceutics; By Swarbrick
- Bio pharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics-A Treatise, By D. M. Brahmankar and Sunil B.Jaiswal, Vallabh Prakashan Pitampura, Delhi
- Cilincal Pharmacokinetics, Concepts and Applications: By Malcolm Rowland and Thomas, N. Tozen, Lea and Febrger, Philadelphia, 1995.
- Dissolution, Bioavailability and Bioequivalence, By Abdou H.M, Mack, Publishing Company, Pennsylvania 1989.
- Biopharmaceutics and Clinical Pharmacokinetics-An introduction 4th edition Revised and expanded by Rebort F Notari Marcel Dekker Inn, New York and Basel, 1987.
- Encyclopedia of Pharmaceutical Technology, Vol 13, James Swarbrick, James, C. Roylan, Marcel Dekker Inc, New York 1996.