List of Experiments:
- Measurement of the magnetic field of paired coils in a Helmholtz arrangement.
- To determine the resistance per unit length of a Carey Foster’s bridge wire and then to find resistivity of the material of a given wire.
- To find the dispersive power of material of the prism.
- Determination of wavelength of diode laser radiation using diffraction grating and to find the mean size of lycopodium particles.
- To find the radius of curvature of given convex lens by Newton’s rings method.
- Determination of Planck’s constant and work function of the given metal using photoelectric effect.
- To determine the efficiency and fill factor of the given solar cell and to study its characteristics.
- Determination of band gap of a semiconductor.
- Experiment to verify the quantum nature of hydrogen atom by measuring the wavelengths of spectral lines in the Balmer series.
|*Continuous Assessment (CA)||80|
*CA – Basic principles of experiment, skill, result analysis and viva.