Course Duration: 3 Hrs./Week
In the changing scenario of pharmacy practice in India, for successful practice of Hospital Phar- macy, the students are required to learn various skills like drug distribution, drug dispensing, manufac- turing of parenteral preparations, drug information, patient counselling, and therapeutic drug moni- toring for improved patient care.
Upon completion of the course, the student shall be able to –
- Know various drug distribution methods;
- Know the professional practice management skills in hospital pharmacies;
- Provide unbiased drug information to the doctors;
- Know the manufacturing practices of various formulations in hospital set up;
- Appreciate the practice based research methods; and
- Appreciate the stores management and inventory control.