List of Experiments:
- Study of apparatus used in experimental microbiology*.
- Sterilisation of glass ware’s. Preparation of media and sterilisation.*
- Staining techniques – Simple staining ; Gram’s staining ; Negative staining**
- Study of motility characters*.
- Enumeration of micro-organisms (Total and Viable)*
- Study of the methods of isolation of pure culture.*
- Bio chemical testing for the identification of microorganisms.*
- Cultural sensitivity testing for some micro-organisms.*
- Sterility testing for powders and liquids.*
- Determination of minimum inhibitory concentration.*
- Microbiological assay of antibiotics by cup plate method.*
- Microbiological assay of vitamins by Turbidometric method**
- Determination of RWC.**
- Diagnostic tests for some common diseases, Widal, malarial parasite.**
* Indicate minor experiment & ** indicate major experiment
Format of the assignment:
Scheme of Practical Examination
Note : Total sessional marks is 30 (20 for practical sessional plus 10 marks for regularity, promptness, viva-voce and record maintenance).
- Visit to some pathological laboratories & study the activities and equipment/instruments used and reporting the same.
- Visit to milk dairies (Pasteurization) and microbial laboratories (other sterilization methods) & study the activities and equipment/instruments used and reporting the same.
- Library assignments
- Report of recent microbial techniques developed in diagnosing some common diseases.
- Latest advancement developed in identifying, cultivating & handling of microorganisms.
- Minimum & Maximum number of pages.
- It shall be computer draft copy.
- Reference(s) shall be included at the end.
- Name and signature of the student.
- Assignment can be a combined presentation at the end of the academic year.
- Time allocated for presentation may be 8+2 Min.