Course Duration: 4 Hours/Week
- Introduction to in-vitro pharmacology and physiological salt solutions.
- Effect of drugs on isolated frog heart.
- Effect of drugs on blood pressure and heart rate of dog.
- Study of diuretic activity of drugs using rats/mice.
- DRC of acetylcholine using frog rectus abdominis muscle.
- Effect of physostigmine and atropine on DRC of acetylcholine using frog rectus abdominis muscle and rat ileum respectively.
- Bioassay of histamine using guinea pig ileum by matching method.
- Bioassay of oxytocin using rat uterine horn by interpolation method.
- Bioassay of serotonin using rat fundus strip by three point bioassay.
- Bioassay of acetylcholine using rat ileum/colon by four point bioassay.
- Determination of PA2 value of prazosin using rat anococcygeus muscle (by Schilds plot method).
- Determination of PD2 value using guinea pig ileum.
- Effect of spasmogens and spasmolytics using rabbit jejunum.
- Anti-inflammatory activity of drugs using carrageenan induced paw-edema model.
- Analgesic activity of drug using central and peripheral methods
Note: All laboratory techniques and animal experiments are demonstrated by simulated experiments by softwares and videos