'Physical Pharmaceutics I - Practical' is a course offered in the third semester of B. Pharm program at School of Pharmacy, Health Sciences campus, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
Course Duration: 4 Hours/Week
- Determination the solubility of drug at room temperature
- Determination of pKa value by Half Neutralization/ Henderson Hasselbalch equation.
- Determination of Partition co- efficient of benzoic acid in benzene and water
- Determination of Partition co- efficient of Iodine in CCl4 and water
- Determination of % composition of NaCl in a solution using phenol-water system by CST method
- Determination of surface tension of given liquids by drop count and drop weight method
- Determination of HLB number of a surfactant by saponification method
- Determination of Freundlich and Langmuir constants using activated char coal
- Determination of critical micellar concentration of surfactants
- Determination of stability constant and donor acceptor ratio of PABA-Caffeine complex by solubility- method
- Determination of stability constant and donor acceptor ratio of Cupric-Glycine complex by pH titra- tion method
Recommended Books (Latest Editions)
- Physical Pharmacy by Alfred Martin
- Experimental Pharmaceutics by Eugene, Parott.
- Tutorial Pharmacy by Cooper and Gunn.
- Stocklosam J. Pharmaceutical Calculations, Lea &Febiger, Philadelphia.
- Liberman H.A, Lachman C., Pharmaceutical Dosage forms, Tablets, Volume-1 to 3, MarcelDekkar Inc.
- Liberman H.A, Lachman C, Pharmaceutical Dosage forms. Disperse systems, volume 1, 2, 3. Marcel Dekkar Inc.
- Physical Pharmaceutics by Ramasamy C and ManavalanR.
- Laboratory Manual of Physical Pharmaceutics, C.V.S. Subramanyam, J. Thimma settee
- Physical Pharmaceutics by C.V.S. Subramanyam
- Test book of Physical Pharmacy, by Gaurav Jain & Roop K. Khar