ProgramsView all programs
From the news
- Chancellor Amma Addresses the Parliament of World’s Religions
- Amrita Students Qualify for the European Mars Rover Challenge
A battery-driven open-wheel autonomous electric go-kart is being designed and developed at the center.
• Go-karts are lightweight vehicles with responsive steering and small engines, available in electric and gas-powered variants. Electric go-karts are powered by electric motors and are environmentally friendly, while gas-powered go-karts use internal combustion engines fueled by gasoline.
• Go-karting is a popular recreational activity and competitive sport that involves driving small, open-wheel vehicles called go-karts on dedicated tracks. Go-kart tracks can be indoor or outdoor, with indoor tracks generally smaller and outdoor tracks offering higher speeds and longer straights.
• Autonomous Go-karts use a combination of sensors, lidars, cameras, radar, and advanced computer systems to perceive their environment, make decisions, and control the vehicle.
• Autonomous Go-karts rely on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning algorithms are used to analyze sensor data, make real-time decisions, and improve driving capabilities over time.