- Thermodynamics of living systems: Conservation of energy in living systems, Entropy and Life, Gibbs and Standard free energy, Equilibrium constant, Coupled reactions.
- Protein folding: Forces for protein stability, Protein denaturation and renaturation, Protein folding pathways, Levinthal’s paradox, Molten globule, Folding accessory proteins, Prediction of protein structures, Protein Function: Structure of heme, Structure of Myoglobin and hemoglobin, Oxygen binding mechanism, Oxygen binding co-operativity, Hill equation, Hill coefficient, Allostery in hemoglobin, Bohr effect.
- Dynamics of biomolecules: Diffusion, Laws of diffusion, Active transport, Facilitated diffusion, Osmosis, Osmotic pressure, Osmoregulation, Viscosity and biological importance, Surface tension, Factors influencing surface tension, Biological importance.
ProgramsView all programs
From the news
- Chancellor Amma Addresses the Parliament of World’s Religions
- Amrita Students Qualify for the European Mars Rover Challenge