- Benzene and its derivatives
- Analytical, synthetic and other evidences in the derivation of structure of benzene, Orbital picture, resonance in benzene, aromatic characters, Huckel’s rule
- Reactions of benzene – nitration, sulphonation, halogenationreactivity, Friedelcrafts alkylation- reac- tivity, limitations, Friedelcrafts acylation.
- Substituents, effect of substituents on reactivity and orientation of mono substituted benzene com- pounds towards electrophilic substitution reaction
- Structure and uses of DDT, Saccharin, BHC and Chloramine