‘Physical Pharmaceutics- II – Practical’ is a course offered in the fourth semester of B. Pharm program at School of Pharmacy, Health Sciences campus, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
Course Duration: 4 Hours/ Week
- Determination of particle size, particle size distribution using sieving method
- Determination of particle size, particle size distribution using Microscopic method
- Determination of bulk density, true density and porosity
- Determine the angle of repose and influence of lubricant on angle of repose
- Determination of viscosity of liquid using Ostwald’s viscometer
- Determination sedimentation volume with effect of different suspending agent
- Determination sedimentation volume with effect of different concentration of single suspending agent
- Determination of viscosity of semisolid by using Brookfield viscometer
- Determination of reaction rate constant first order.
- Determination of reaction rate constant second order
- Accelerated stability studies
Recommended Books (Latest Editions)
- Physical Pharmacy by Alfred Martin, Sixth edition
- Experimental pharmaceutics by Eugene, Parott.
- Tutorial pharmacy by Cooper and Gunn.
- Stocklosam J. Pharmaceutical calculations, Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia.
- Liberman H.A, Lachman C., Pharmaceutical Dosage forms, Tablets, Volume-1 to 3, Marcel Dekkar Inc.
- Liberman H.A, Lachman C, Pharmaceutical dosage forms. Disperse systems, volume 1, 2, 3. Marcel Dekkar Inc.
- Physical Pharmaceutics by Ramasamy C, and Manavalan R.