Viswanathan is currently serves as Research Scholar at Amrita School of Business (ASB), Coimbatore Campus. He is also pursuing his full time PhD at Amrita School of Business (ASB), batch of 2015. Prior to his joining academics, Vishy had about 12 years of strategy consulting experience and was associated with global firms such as Deloitte, KPMG and Capgemini. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and is an MBA.
His field of study is strategy, with specific focus on behavioral aspects. His research interests include strategic management, institutional and behavioral economics. He is particularly interested in understanding how individual and group behaviors impact strategic decision making and implementation.
- Assistant Professor, School of Business, Amrita Vishwa Vidhyapeetham- Jun 2019 onwards
- Visiting Faculty, School of Business, Amrita Vishwa Vidhyapeetham July 2018 – Mar 2019
- Ph. D. (Pursuing) from Amrita School of Business (2016 onwards)
- PGDM (Finance) from the Indian Institute of Modern Management, Pune, India (2002-2004)
- B. E. (Production) from Amrita Institute of Technology and Science, Coimbatore, India (1997-2001)
- Viswanathan’s research aspirations evolved naturally over time and were inspired by observations made during his corporate career. His research focus lies at the intersection of trust, strategy and business models. His current research, as part of his PhD dissertation, delves into the nature and dynamics of trust in the newly emergent sharing economy business model.
Teaching Experience (MBA)
- Electives for 2nd year MBA
- The Art of Marketing & Corporate Communications
- Foundations of Management Consulting
- Manager, Capgemini Consulting (2014-16)
- Manager, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu (2004-06, 2010-13)
- Consultant, KPMG (2007-09)