Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham invites candidates for Full-time admissions to pursue a fully funded PhD in Sustainable Development.
Do you have a passion to work in rural communities and help them attain a sustainable future?
Come and join Amrita’s PhD Program in Sustainable Development that is tailored just for you!
This PhD program in Sustainable Development adopts a unique Experiential Learning Curriculum that will enable you to:
- Explore and feel the pulse of rural communities in India that are very diverse in terms of their culture, language, literacy, natural resources and socioeconomic development
- Identify pressing problems of rural communities
- Develop sustainable solutions through community engagement and ensure their empowerment
- Avail opportunities for a double PhD
- Engage with Industry
- Work in funded projects by UN, Govt of India, European Commission, World Bank etc.
- Join world class research centers and work with distinguished international Professors
Who Can Apply?
Amrita welcomes all international or native candidates to apply for this fully funded multidisciplinary and theory-into-practice PhD program from a wide range of academic disciplines, including:
- Engineering (Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering)
- Health Sciences (Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Nanosciences, Dentistry)
- Pure Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- Business & Management
- Social Sciences
Scholarships Available for all Applicants
Amrita offers a wide range of scholarships that are open under:
- Chancellor’s International Student scholarship: 100 Fully funded (merit based)
- Partially Funded Scholarships:
- Dean’s scholarships
- Department scholarships
- Short-term scholarships
- Industry sponsored scholarships
- Research and Teaching assistantships
- Applicants must have completed a Master's degree or must be in their final semester of Master’s program.
- Applicants must have a CGPA above 8.0 at the preceding degree.
- Good communication skills
- Capacity to work in an interdisciplinary team
- Experience related to social work (if any, not mandatory)
- Willingness to work in rural communities
The applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Statement of Purpose outlining their area of interest
- Electronic copy of their academic transcripts
- CV that includes any publications and
- Contact details of 2 referees
Application Deadline: August 30th, 2019
How to Apply