Amrita Center for International Programs is proud to present the latest opportunity: 4+1 Integrated Master’s program with University of New Mexico, USA, and with Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan – USA. The 4+1 Program provides students a platform to complete their B.Tech and MS in just 5 years. This opportunity is available for current fourth-year Engineering students who wish to do their MS Program in UNM, USA or at Oakland University, Michigan for the A/Y 2020/ 2021.
UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO is a public research university located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Noted for its beautiful campus and distinctive pueblo-style architecture, UNM offers more than 200 national recognized degree programs. U.S. News and World Report’s 2015 edition of America’s Best Graduate Schools ranks the UNM 87th nationally, with Electrical and Chemical prominent among other engineering streams in the US.
OAKLAND UNIVERSITY offers 132 bachelor’s degree programs and 138 graduate programs (professional certificates, master’s degrees, and doctoral degrees). The main academic units of the university are the College of Arts and Sciences, the School of Business Administration, the School of Education and Human Services, the School of Engineering and Computer Science, the School of Health Sciences, School of Nursing, and the Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine. Additionally, OU supports an Honors College and various study abroad programs. The 1,443 acre campus spans two thriving cities, Auburn Hills and Rochester Hills, in southeast Michigan.
No GRE or TOEFL Required
- Four years of Bachelors completed at Amrita
- One year Masters at Host University
- Apply for 4+1 while student is in the third year itself ( seventh semester )
- Contact ACIP, fill up the google docs
- After obtaining the recommendation from your HOD, ACIP will ask you to proceed to online application before the deadlines
- Transfer 9 credits from Home to Host University done upon admission to Host university
Our MSITM program is open to most majors in both UG and PG level. We basically expect students to have some exposure to programming, and information systems for the General MSITM program. This could be through prior classes taken during their UG or PG studies or through work experience in IT. For students that want to do Business Analytics, we require them to have some background in basic statistics. If students don’t have this background, then they can take the preparatory course and foundations courses and then continue with the program.
So, the UG students could be from any engineering discipline or CS or IT or Computer Applications programs. I am sure all engineering students are required to take some programming classes and basics of information systems. Similarly, PG students can also be from any engineering/CS/IT/MCA courses. MBA students are also eligible to apply as long as they have some programming, IS, exposure in their UG or PG courses and some statistics exposure if they want to concentrate in Business Analytics.
Detailed Fee structure for students joining the MSITM Program:
The current Graduate Tuition fees for one credit is:
In-state $ 706.25
So, for the 30 credits, the in-state tuition will be $21,187 and the non-resident tuition will be $30,810. Students admitted under the agreement would be charged non-resident tuition, but will get a scholarship in the amount equal to the difference between non-resident and in-state (about $9623) so that they effectively pay in-state tuition.
Graduate Students can transfer up to 9 credits (3 courses). Then, they would have to take only 21 credits at OU to complete the graduation requirements. Hence, the in-state tuition would be $14,831 for 21 credits.
All international students are required to have health insurance. The Student Health Insurance Plan costs $1,860 annually.
The university is planning to introduce an application fee of $45 starting September 18, 2017.
If the student’s transcripts are not from Amrita University, then they would have to do WES evaluation of the transcripts as part of the admission process.
This would vary from student to student depending upon their preferences. Typically, international students share an apartment and food expenses. From talking to current international students from India in the program, it seems like their living expenses are averaging between $500 to $600 per month. Of course, the cost might vary depending upon individual student’s life style. Some initial startup expenses might be incurred such as buying winter jackets, boots, etc. Typically, Indian students live together and seem to do okay managing their lives here.
May 1 for fall semester (classes start in September)
- September 1 for winter semester (classes start in January)
- January 1 for summer semester (classes start in May)
Course content and choices – see the attached program brochure. We have changed the course numbers to four digits starting this semester. The website will be updated soon.
Application can be submitted online
Applicant nominations can be communicated through email for starters. Once we get started, maybe we can figure out a better way to manage the process.
The link contains answers to most of your questions and students can get information from this source.
On the right hand side of the MSITM program page, there are four buttons to get more information about the program: request program information, program requirements, apply now, program info flier. See the image below. There are also tabs in the middle of the page to get more information.
GPA of 8.0 out 10 for all programs would be preferred, but 7.5 maybe okay for the starting stage.
- GRE/GMAT exam waived
- TOEFL exam waived
- WES Transcript evaluation cost is covered for the first transcript evaluation from each program, and subsequent transcripts with the same courses need not do transcript evaluation
- Students get scholarships in the amount equaling the difference between out-of-state and in-state tuition; thus students essentially pay in-state tuition. This is a major cost saving for students, as you know.
- MSITM program is STEM coded. Hence, students can take advantage of the 3 year practical training after completing the degree
- Working on industry sponsored projects for the capstone class and thus gain OPT/internship placement.
- The MSITM degree can be finished in 1yr or 1.5 years depending upon if they are graduate or undergraduate students when joining the program.
- Rough cost estimate: Graduate tuition rate for 1 credit: $706 for in-state and $1027 for out-of-state. For graduate students from Amrita, since they can transfer 9 credits, they have to take only 21 credits (7 courses) to satisfy the degree requirements. For undergraduate students that just completed the degree from Amrita, they would have to take 30 credits (10 courses). The living expenses might be about $400 to $500 per month since students usually share the apartment rent and food expenses, etc.
Please fill the Google form to consider your application.
Important Note – We strongly recommend that students who are selected to go to any foreign university do not make non refundable travel arrangements until they have actually received their visa.
University of New Mexico 4 + 1 Integrated Master’s Program
As per the agreement with UNM, the Integrated Masters Program (also called the UNM Global Engineering Scholars Program), students would complete their B.Tech program with Amrita and would be required travel to UNM to do their one year of Masters. After successful completion of One Year in UNM and subsequent transfer of credits, the student would be awarded a B.Tech from Amrita and an MS from UNM, USA.
Requirements and Merits:
- GRE: is not required for student applying through the 4+1 program
- TOEFL: is not required. English Proficiency certificate from Amrita would suffice.
- CREDIT Requirement: Students need to have completed 120 credits before starting UNM coursework. Some Amrita credits will be transferred to UNM to satisfy Masters Requirements.
- Tuition / Scholarship: Students will pay tuition and mandatory student fees posted here. (Discounts on non-resident base tuition and mandatory fees are available to eligible groups of 10 or more students from Amrita. All students will have the same opportunity as other UNM students to apply for Graduate assistantships or financial assistance at UNM.)
- Health / Medical Insurance: will have to be purchased by students, and will have to be responsible for their living and travel expenses.
- Students will have the opportunity to pursue a PhD after completion of the Integrated Masters Program (** Subject to Eligibility)
Amrita Center for International Program invites application from final year B.Tech students from the below mentioned streams. Interested students would be guided on the next steps to be considered for Application in UNM for fall 2020.
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Electronics
- Electronics & Communication
- Electronics & Instrumentation
Students from the above streams can apply for the specializations offered below in UNM:
- Computer Science
- Electrical (Electronics)
- Computer Engineering
IMP: UNM will only accept applications from students who have a CGPA of 8 and above.
Interested students would be required to enter their details in the form.
Internal Deadline: January 15, 2020
Oakland University, USA – 4+1 Program – Master of Science in Information Technology Management (MSITM)
ACIP is happy to announce an Integrated Masters program – Master of Science in Information Technology Management (MSITM) with Oakland University’s School of Business Administration. Oakland University’s MBA and Executive MBA programs rank among the best in the nation, according to CEO Magazine’s Global MBA Rankings for 2017.
MSITM: A degree that puts both managerial and technical skills at the forefront, the Master of Science in Information Technology Management (MSITM) at Oakland University’s School of Business Administration prepares students for a career managing, designing and creating information systems and technologies. Through a program based on experiential learning, students in the SBA’s MSITM program learn the practical skills they need to advance in their careers. Graduates of the MSITM program will be prepared to climb the career ladder in pursuit of such positions as business analyst, enterprise data architect, business analytics consultant, business intelligence analyst, information assurance network security engineer, security and network management engineer, IT project manager, privacy officer, IT strategy consultant or IT sourcing manager. The program enhances students’ knowledge of how firms use information technology to address business problems by focusing on the following essential components:
- Data Management and Business Analytics
- Information Security Management
- Information Systems Strategy and Management
- BTech (CS/IT) OR
- Any Engineering student with some experience/exposure to programming and Information Systems OR
- For students that want to do Business Analytics, some background in basic statistics needed, else they can take the preparatory course and foundations courses before continuing with the program.
- Students should have a CGPA of 7.5 or above
Fee / Expense Structure:
Graduate Tuition fees for one credit is:
- In-state $ 706.25
- Non-resident $1,027.00 (This is the applicable fee for International Students, Amrita students are expected to get a scholarship, so in effect they will incur only the In-state Tuition.
- Student Health Insurance Plan costs $1,860 annually (All students have to take this)
- Application fee of $45
- If the student’s transcripts are not from Amrita University, then they would have to do WES evaluation of the transcripts as part of the admission process.
- Estimated Living Expenses: $500 to $600 per month.
- January 15, 2020 for fall semester (classes start in September 2020)
Interested students would be required to enter their details in the form.
For further questions please email to:
Sujatha / Reshmi / Anandi
AMRITA Center for International Programs