The program at the Amritapuri Campus is backed with strong opportunities for collaboration worldwide. Students are provided with numerous domains, authentic and experiential learning opportunities guided by a caring national as well international faculty. A strong alumni network and international connect, and thereby providing opportunities to the students to attend guest lectures, pursue research work, with authentic and practical field exposure to the students is one of the strengths of AMRITA. The program is backed with strong opportunities for collaboration with universities across the world, providing the students with numerous domains to get their research published, under the guidance of faculty from all over the world.
“Amrita BSW at Amritapuri offers a holistic education in which the student not only grows professionally but also on a personal level. Our agenda is to train the best Social Worker for the nation able to collaborate internationally as well, says Dr. Meltem Alkoyak-Yildiz, Professor at CWEGE.
What is Social Work?
Social work is a noble profession for those with a strong desire to serve humanity. Social workers play a significant role in providing health and social services to vulnerable populations. As members of one of the largest professions in the health and social services sectors, various roles in administration, research, community organizing, evaluation, teaching, and policy are in demand .
- Social workers work with institutions, individuals, families, and groups in restoring or improving their capacity for social functioning to create societal conditions that support underserved communities.
- The profession of social work requires an understanding of human growth, behaviour and interaction on a social, economic, and cultural level.
- The profession of social work is interdisciplinary.
- Selected areas of a social worker are disaster management, poverty, discrimination, abuse, addiction, mental health, divorce, loss, unemployment, educational problems, disability, and mental illness.
Diverse Career Opportunities for Social Work Professionals
Future trends and career options are promising, and the role social work professionals play ranges from top management positions to ground level work with clients and patients.
The Pandemic crisis showed us all life’s unexpected changes. Social workers proved their importance in this dire hour of need – showing the significance of this profession. The expected growth in social work career opportunities between 2019 and 2029 is 13 per cent ( the average growth of all occupations is 4 percent). Therefore social work is one of the fastest-growing professions in the United States  and Europe .
The integrated B/MSW program at the Amritapuri campus provides an exceptional curriculum with specializations and a wide umbrella of domains, and offers the students a holistic development, shaping them to be a world-class social work professional to meet today’s needs of society.
- Sustainable Community Development
- Environmental Sciences and Disaster Management
- Sustainable Public Health
- Social Innovation for Sustainability (technology-based)
- Child Rights and Child Protection
Reasons to Join B/MSW at Amrita
- Studying Social work in a highly reputed university.
- exposure to cultural diversity on international/national level
- Additional value-based and life skills education
- Opportunity for higher studies.
- Studying under national & international faculty.
- Authentic and Practical field exposure
- operating in international research projects
- Connection with world-renowned researchers
- Opportunity to collaborate with seniors doing MSW.
- Placement Opportunities
- Boyce, T., & Brown, C. (2019). Economic and social impacts and benefits of health systems. WHO Europe: Copenhagen.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Social Workers(link is external), (visited June 16, 2021).