M. Tech. in Cyber Security
Cyber security is a very fast moving field. A program in security that aims to be on the forefront has to necessarily have a companion-advanced program that has a good balance between theoretical and practical aspects, analytical methods and system architectures, academic ideas and industry practices.
The Center for Cyber Security was identified by TIFAC (Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India) as a CORE in Cyber Security in September 2005. The TIFAC-CORE in Cyber Security gives significant thrust to the frontier areas of Cyber Security, including technology, practice, management, and policy issues. Research areas of the TIFAC-CORE in Cyber Security are organized into four broad categories, namely: Enterprise Wide Security, Data Center Security, Language-Based Security, and Hardware and Embedded Systems Security. These categories represent four horizontal layers of security in a typical information system /network that a practitioner would normally encounter in today’s industrial settings and corporate environments. CORE also focuses on theory and practice of authentication, authorization, and access control techniques.
This M. Tech program provides a good blend of theory and industrial practice; necessary theoretical background, insight into general and technical aspects of Cyber Security, analytical methods and management practices in the field of Cyber Security are the areas receiving detailed attention. It aims at moulding the student into an Information Security professional. Practicing industry professionals and enterprise experts with little or no knowledge in Cyber Security too can benefit from this program.
Duration : Two years
- KLA Tencor
- Atlas Health Care Software
- Allianz Cornhill Information Services
- IBM India Ltd.
- BRIDGEi2i Analytics Solutions
- iNautix Technologies India Pvt. Ltd
- Cerner Healthcare
- Cognizant Technologies
- HCL Technologies
- ZOHO Corp.
- Robert Bosch
- ABCO Advisory Services
- Symantec Corporation
- Ernst & Young
- EY Innovation Hub
- UST Global
- PACE Micro Technology
- L&T Infotech Ltd.
- Mahindra Satyam
- Dataway Solutions
- IP Infusion Software
- Cordys Software
- MPHASIS Ltd.
- Honeywell Technology
- Multunus Software (P) Ltd
- Tavant Technologies (I) Pvt. Ltd.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Tata Consultancy Services
Eligibility : A Pass with Minimum 60% in B.E./B.Tech in the relevant area of specialisation or equivalent qualification.
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mathematical Foundations for Cyber Security
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning
- Secure Coding
- Internetworking - Protocols and Security
- Concepts in System Security
- Cryptographic Protocols and Standards
- Security in Mobile Networks
- Language-Based Security
- Network Security
- Information Hiding
- Information Security and Risk Management
- HDL and Cryptographic Applications
- Coding and Information Theory
- Security in Cloud Computing
- Formal Methods for Security
- Secure System Engineering
- Cyber Forensics