MBA/MS in Management with University at Buffalo,USA
Amrita School of Business, Bangalore, offers a unique collaborative twinning program where students will have the opportunity to earn a full-time MBA or a part-time Executive MBA and an MS (Master of Science) in Management and Business Analytics from University at Buffalo, the State University of New York (USA).
In this program, students gets an edge over others as they gain competency in Analytics and Strategic decision making which is the need of the hour.
MBA in different specializations (Marketing, Finance, Operations, Human Resources, and Systems) is offered by Amrita VishwaVidyapeetham and MS in Management Business Analytics and Systems is offered by State University of New York, Buffalo.
Amrita School of Business offers two management programs
- A full-time MBA-MS
- A part-time Executive MBA-MS
Both dual degree programs are offered in collaboration with the School of Management at State University of New York, Buffalo, USA
- Face-to-face interaction with the international faculty from State University of New York (SUNY) visiting the campus provides students a rich broad exposure.
- As part of the academic exercise, students visit the SUNY campus for 3 to 4 weeks. They attend a full course, visit industries around New York and have a cross cultural engagement.
- The cost of the program is competitive when compared to the best B-Schools in India.
The MBA course curriculum has been designed and is continuously fine tuned, drawing upon 1. A world class faculty with a fine balance of academic and industry exposure, 2. Robust knowledge and knowledge delivery infrastructure and 3. The rich experience of having delivered MBA program for past 15 years.
ASB is one of the handfuls of business schools in India to offer wide choice of elective courses to final year MBA students to enable them specialize. These electives are offered in all the five areas of specialization, namely, Finance, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Operations and Systems. Businesses today have moved beyond profit to show an appreciation for values and ethics in the workplace. Top CEOs have recognized that success in business without the application of values is not real success. In this regard, a key differentiating aspect of the Amrita MBA program is the focus on values for the work place as well as society.
SAP is a part of the MBA curriculum and the ERP course uses SAP extensively. The pedagogy in many courses includes case discussion, games, role plays and live projects that aid in students conceptual clarity. Students across the world have showed resistance and cynicism when courses on Managerial Values and Business Ethics or courses like the Management of the Self are taught, but the instructor at ASB through his unique teaching methodology has succeeded in breaking this resistance. Several students have reported that these courses changed their lives.
|TRIMESTER I||TRIMESTER II||TRIMESTER III|
|Business Communication||Financial Management||Cost Management|
|Financial Accounting||Macro Economics||Human Resource Management|
|Fundamentals of IT and Java Programming||Marketing Management I||Management Information Systems|
|Micro Economics||Organisational Behaviour II||Marketing Management II|
|Organisational Behaviour I||Production and Operations Management I||Marketing Research|
|Quantitative Methods for Management I||Quantitative Methods for Management II||Production and Operations Management II|
|Self Awareness and Personal Growth*||Self Awareness and Personal Growth*||Self Awareness and Personal Growth*|
|SECOND YEAR AMRITA CORE PAPERS||SECOND YEAR UB CORE PAPERS|
|Economic Environment and Policy||Analysis Modeling and Design|
|Environmental Management and Sustainable Development||Contract Relationships and Management|
|Managerial Values and Business Ethics||Enterprise Models|
|International Law and IP Management|
|Strategy and Policy|
|Software Project Management|
|MARKETING ANALYTICS*||FINANCE ANALYTICS*||GENERAL MANAGEMENT & STRATEGY AREA||HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT ANALYTICS*||OPERATIONS ANALYTICS||SYSTEMS ANALYTICS|
|Business Development||Advanced Financial Management||Cross Cultural Management||Cross Cultural Management||Advanced Quality Planning and Management||Computer Networking|
|Consumer Behaviour||Corporate Taxation||ERP and Management||Human Resource Planning and Development||Business Analytics||Database Management Systems|
|Customer Relationship Management||Financial Derivatives||Entrepreneurship||Industrial Relations||ERP and Management||Global Software Project Management|
|High Technology Product Marketing||International Finance||Innovation||International Human Resource Management||Logistics and Supply Chain Management||Information Assurance and IT Services Management|
|Industrial Marketing||Introduction to Mathematical Finance||Management Beyond Profit||Management Beyond Profit||Manufacturing Planning and Control in Supply Chains||IT Infrastructure Management|
|Integrating Marketing Communications||Investment and Portfolio Management||Management of Self for Success and Happiness||Product Design and Development||Software Engineering|
|Wealth Management||Management Control Systems||Project Management;||Project Management||Software Project Management|
|Product Policy and Brand Management||Merchant Banking & Commercial Bank Management||Theory of Micro Finance||Strategic Operations Management||Software Testing and Quality|
|Retail Marketing||Personal Finance||Strategic Operations Management||Object Oriented Analysis and Design|
|Rural Marketing||Project Appraisal and Financing|
|Sales and Distribution Management||Quantitative Equity Modeling|
|Services Marketing||Risk and Insurance Management|
|Strategic Brand Management||Wealth Management|
|Strategic Marketing Management||Working Capital Management|
|Strategic Media Planning|
Amrita School of Business stresses the need for holistic education for those aspiring to pursue MBA program. Keeping in line with the principle that one's education should be for life, as well as for living, the curriculum has been designed and updated to provide for a balance between courses focusing on functional aspects for managing a business and personal aspects for managing oneself.
Learning at ASB is a synergy of unique teaching methodologies comprising of lectures, case discussions, seminars, presentations, group activity, business games, role plays, soft skills training, and field projects. A typical student day consists of at least three classroom sessions of seventy five minutes duration, one hour of hands-on experience in the computer centre, and at least two hours of course preparatory work (both individually and in groups) for every one hour of classroom session; requiring on an average, ten to twelve hours of total work each day.
Case Study Method: The case study method, a staple of the top B-Schools in the world finds extensive use in ASB especially in the second year elective courses. ASB is a member of the Harvard Business Publishing (HBP) as well as European Case Clearing House (ECCH) - the premier repository for management cases in the world. In addition to the use of management cases in classes, students have also been encouraged to write live cases in certain courses such as in International Business, where groups of students wrote up on the globalization experiences of companies in Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
Role Plays: Role plays find extensive use in courses such as Business Communication, Organizational Behavior, Sales and Distribution Management, and Cross Cultural Management.
Business Games: The course Cross Cultural Management - also features a unique, and extremely powerful pedagogical device management games created by student groups to test and teach cross-cultural concepts.
Live Projects: Many ASB courses involve fieldwork where students interact with corporates and other institutions in course related live projects. The courses utilizing field based projects cut across the different academic disciplines. In some courses such as Marketing Research, the ASB alumni mentor and occasionally commission the project work. In general, the group projects have proven to be excellent tools to bring class-room learning to life; to connect the students with their alumni and industry; and to give an experience of the 'real world' dynamics to the students, many of whom have no prior industry experience.
Summer Projects: Every summer, first year MBA students undertake industry projects of 8to 10 week duration on various functional areas of management on company premises. This paves way for a confident landing in corporate assignments after their MBA Program. Students are provided a good exposure to interact with professionals from the industry on different functional areas, which enhances their caliber to face corporate placements. This year each student was assigned an ASB alumnus as a summer project mentor.
Value Education: ASB believes in imparting an education for life along with an education for a living. As a step in this direction, the course Self Awareness and Personal Growth is an integral part of the curriculum for both years. This course provides an opportunity for holistic learning. It also involves the practice of yoga and meditation to help tide over the demands of stress filled corporate life. In addition, a course on "Managerial Values and Business Ethics" is taught as a core course in second year. The emphasis on values of course extends much beyond the formal coursework - it is reflected in almost every choice we have made.
Field Trips and Industrial Visits: Faculty take active interest on scheduling field trips to bring in a real-life experience of concepts being covered in class. These field trips may involve local industries (in Bangalore), and overnight stays (such as in Chennai and Hyderabad).
- The minimum qualification required to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3 years of education) with minimum of 50% Marks.
- All the entrance Tests like CAT, MAT, CMAT, GMAT, GRE, XAT, IBL-TOEFL*, IELTS* is required
- Degree in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor’s degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations and viva-voce, if any, before 30th June 2017.
- Such candidates are advised to produce a letter from their college Principal/Head of Institution stating the examination dates, at the time of personal interview and/or admissions.
- Consolidated marks sheets must be furnished before Oct 31, 2017.
- Degree certificates to be furnished by Dec 31, 2017.
- If admitted student failing to meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be required to withdraw from the programme.
- A minimum IBT - TOEFL score of 79 / IELTS score 6.5 is a must
- NRI and students of foreign origin are required to take the GMAT test (Maximum of five percent NRI and /or foreign candidates may be admitted through GMAT with a minimum score of 550) and they should process their application through Director - Corporate and International Relations, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritanagar P.O, Coimbatore, India.
- Candidates with appropriate industry experience will have an added advantage for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage (in terms of the company & the role they have worked and the duration of the work experience).
*TOEFL/IELTS score is not required at the time of application, required only at the time of admissions.
Names of candidates who are short-listed will be posted on our website, School of Business. Selected candidates will be called for a Personal Interview (PI) during the third week of March. Interviews will be held at Amritapuri, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai and New Delhi. The date and venue of the interview will be intimated to the shortlisted candidates by email and post / courier. Candidates are advised to visit our website regularly during the admission months. The list of selected candidates will be announced on our website, School of Business. The individual candidates will also be intimated by email, post / courier within 15 days of the PI. The selected candidates are required to pay the first installment of the fees within 15 days from the date of intimation of final selection.
The number of seats available for the 2-year MBA Program starting on 2017 is 60.
The School organizes a two week orientation Program for the incoming batches. This Program of preparatory studies is mandatory before students begin their regular curriculum. The exact dates will be intimated to the selected students after the schedule is finalized.
Every new batch at ASB also goes through Corporate Theater Workshops, that are popular, powerful theater-based workshops, which emphasize team work and self-discovery.
Policies and Doctrines
Based on the earlier experience, the school has decided that laptops will not be provided by the institution and the cost of the laptops are not included in the fees. Students are required to get his/her own laptop at the start of the orientation programme.
Policy on Ragging
Anti Ragging clause under UGC Regulations 2009 - Ragging is totally prohibited in the university, and anyone found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging, whether actively or passively, or being a part of a conspiracy to promote ragging, is liable to be punished in accordance with these Regulations as well as under the provisions of any penal law for the time being in force.
Admission e-help desk
ASB will be running an e-help desk for handling queries from aspiring applicants. The candidates can mail their queries to: email@example.com
(For filling up application forms as well as communicating with the School)
- Please have one permanent address which does not change right from the time of application till the commencement of classes in July 2017. All postal communications will be sent to this address.
- Please give your or your parent’s mobile number in the appropriate column. Do not leave the column blank.
- Please give an e-mail id which you will be using during the entire admissions process. Do not change your e-mail ID, during the admission process.
- Address all your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org. This e-help desk will be available till the start of orientation.
- Please read the instructions carefully before you start filling the application form.
- Please attach semester-wise/ term-wise/ year-wise mark lists (photocopies only) of your UG degree. This is over and above the consolidated list and SSLC/HSC mark list.
- Students with work experience should attach a copy of their appointment order and /or their most recent pay slip.
- All information regarding interview calls and final selections will be published on our website. The information given on our website can be treated as firm and final. Candidates need not wait for intimation via post / courier as there could be postal delays. Your ASB application number will be your access code for interview call and final selection.
Will be announced shortly
|Mr. Maria Sebastinemail@example.com||+91 7022588702
|Amrita School of Business, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham,
Kasavanahalli, Carmeleram (P.O), Bengaluru - 560035