Established in 1995, Faculty of Management at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham has built a formidable reputation for itself and its graduates as a Business School with sound foundations; with a commitment to excellence; and a demonstrated ability to initiate, innovate, and lead, through its focus on preparing business leaders with human values and ethics.
Department of Management, Bengaluru Campus
The Department of Management at Bengaluru campus offers unique master’s programme in collaboration with one of the top public universities in USA, University at Buffalo, State University of New York (UB).
During their study term, students come into contact with peers and faculty of diverse background and are given many opportunities to practice their leadership skills outside the classroom with events such B-Fests, Culrutal programs, Live-in-Labs, Management simulation games and many more. There are a wide variety of new and innovative courses and these are supplemented by colloquia from experienced industry professionals, entrepreneurs, and our alumni. Faculty are always accessible and the students are encouraged to take up research projects and think beyond the regular curriculum. For those who wish to hone their research skills, the school encourages participation at conferences and research-activities worldwide.
MBA – MS Dual Degree Programme at Bengaluru Campus
- It is a collaborative programme with University at Buffalo, State University of New York.
- Upon successful completion, the graduand is conferred:
- an MBA degree by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- and MS degree in Management Sciences: Business Analytics and Systems by State University of New York.
- The graduand earns two separate and independent degrees through single programme.
In this world of ‘Internet of things’, Analytics has become the ‘in thing’ globally which is being applied to every field and industry. The volume and velocity of this data is so huge that it overwhelms the time starved managers. Shortage of skilled professionals in a world has led to the huge demand for Business Analysts and Data Scientists. The time has never been more right to embrace Analytics and join the MBA – MS Dual-Degree programme.
Students get a chance to witness the flavors of international education at SUNY, Buffalo by attending classes upto four weeks in the SUNY campus.
The Course is globally benchmarked against the best and the curriculum has been designed to meet contemporary standards and is continuously fine-tuned to keep abreast with the changing global business scenario.
Among the campuses, Bengaluru is the only campus that offers this unique programme.
University at Buffalo, State University of New York
University at Buffalo (UB) is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence and making a positive impact on the world. A flagship institution in the State University of New York (SUNY) system, UB is the largest and most comprehensive campus in the 64-campus SUNY system.
- Top 1% in the World: Ranked No. 269 out of 20,000 universities worldwide by the Center for World University Rankings.
- Best of the Best: The first SUNY institution invited to join the prestigious Association of American Universities, an association of elite research universities in the U.S. and Canada
- No. 1 Public: The top public in New York State and among top 40 in the U.S.
- For more than 15 years, among the top 25 institutions in the United States hosting international students.
- A City on the Rise: One of the New York Times' famous 52 Places to Go.
The UB School of Management is ranked in all the major rankings—Bloomberg Businessweek, Forbes, U.S. News & World Report—usually in the top 10% of the elite group.