Faculty Development Programs (FDP) Conducted
- A two day faculty development program on Distributed Database during June 27 - June 28, 2013.
- A three day International conference on Security of Internet of Things, SecurIT 2012 during August 17 - August 19, 2012.
- An ISTE workshop on Introduction to Research Methodologies during June 25 - July 4, 2012.
- A three day cultural camp, Sadgamaya , was organized in june 2012.
- A two day Android Workshop conducted by ARK TechnoSolutions as part of VIDYUT-2012 on 31st January and 1st February 2012.
- A two day faculty develpment program on Algorithms during June 14 - June 16, 2010.
- A nine day faculty develpment program on Data Structures And Algorithms during June 3 - June 11, 2010.
- A faculty development program on Data Structures And Mathematics for Computer Professionals during May 24 - June 16, 2010.
- A five day faculty development program on Mathematics for Computer Science during May 24 -May 28, 2010.
- A two day workshop on Python Programming during August 27 - August 28, 2009.
- A faculty development program on Cyber Security by Dr. Shambhu Upadhyaya on August 2009.
- A faculty development program on Cyber Security by Dr. Manoj M. Prabhakaran on July 2009.
- A workshop on Effective Teaching And Learning Of Computer Programming during December 14 - February 24, 2009.
- A two day faculty development program on Single Value Decomposition and its Applications during December 28 - December 29, 2009.
- A one day faculty development program on Learning Methods Adopted by IT Industry on July 19 - 2008.
Workshops and Seminars Conducted
- A workshop on Ethical Hacking on March 3, 2013.
- A two day workshop on Haptics during March 1 - March 2, 2013.
- A two day workshop on 3D Gaming and Scripting during March 1 - March 2, 2013.
- A three day worshop on Ethics in Teaching during December 5 - December 7, 2012.
- A workshop on cloud +Services conducted by Infosys on November 9, 2012.
- An information session conducted by Microsoft on August 23, 2012.
- A workshop on Distinguished Lecture series in CS on April 20, 2012.
- A blender workshop on 3D Game Development during January 31 - February 2, 2012.
- A workshop on Android during January 31 - February 2, 2012.
- An ISTE workshop on DBMS December 13- December 23, 2010.
- A workshop on Software Engineering on August 11, 2010.
- A workshop on Cloud Computing on August 4, 2010.
- A workshop on Social Networking Tools for Effective Teaching on July 28, 2010.
- A workshop on Virtual LANs for High Network Performance on August 28, 2009.
- A workshop on Python Programmingduring August 26 - August 27, 2009.
- A workshop on Web Services on August 25, 2009.
- A technical seminar on Cyber Security by Dr.Shambhu Upadhyaya. ,Professor, Director, CEISARE, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University at Buffalo during August 23 - August 24, 2009.
- A hands on workshop on Free and Open Software in Association with IBM India May 26 - May 27, 2008.
Avinash Joshi of 2006-2010 batch at the invitation of Sun Microsystems, attended JavaOne 2009, a Conference conducted by the company at San Francisco.
A strong membership comprised of all Computer Science students and faculty members of the Computer Science Department provides a solid base for the student associations to move their strategies and plans forward. The associations contribute toward academic progress as they open up new outlooks for exploration through different activities. In addition, they lend a hand to all events headed by the institution.The Department of Computer Science has four student associations:
- PACE - B.Tech. Computer Science Students' Association
Faculty Coordinator - Anish Chandran
Students Coordinator - Sreedhu Krishnan
- VAASTAV - B.Tech. Information Technology Students' Association
Faculty Coordinator - Archana.K.Rajan
Students Coordinator - Abish.K
- SATBHAV - BSc Computer Science Students' Association
Staff Coordinator - P. Jayakumar
Students Coordinator - Vivek Bhaskaran
- MITRA - Post Graduate Students' Association
Faculty Coordinator - Binu P. K
Students Coordinator - Sanju N. P
MCA students conducted a workshop series, Sparz'09, at Amritapuri Campus on October 25-26, 2009.
- Adobe Flex workshop: Conducted by Mr Harish Sivakumar, computer scientist and technology evangelist from Adobe Systems. The CSA Department drew a record breaking 209 registrants to the bootcamp, including students and faculty members. By the end of the one and half day workshop, participants had gained a firm understanding of the popular Flex platform. The session included the creation of a login page, a media player with all the basic functions and some live demos of application created using flex. Mr Sivaram distributed goodies during the session to enthusiastic participants. The bootcamp was highly successful with members requesting more such sessions to be held in the future.
- Mash-Up: Conducted by Unnikrishnan R & Venugopal M of S5 & S3 MCA respectively, this three hour workshop introduced participants to the world of social networking applications using the Adobe Flex platform. Twitter and Facebook APIs for Flex was discussed and by the end of the session most participants could create a basic Twitter Flex application. This workshop included sessions on creating a sample Adobe AIR client application which updates Twitter status and Face-book status simultaneously .
- Compu-Blending: Compu-blending, conducted on October 25, 2009, included sessions on PC assembling and OS installation. A compensation class was conducted October 27, 2009 for those who could not attend the Oct. 25th session.
Number of participants attending each workshop :
- Adobe Flex--209
Dhruvam '09 Tech Fest
PACE, Professional Association of Computer Engineers, the association of CSE students, conducted a campus level technical festival during October 19 - 21, 2009. Students from all branches participated, making it a huge success. The main aim of this festival was to expose students and staff of the college to the latest technologies and to gain valuable knowledge and expertise.
Primary coordinators were fifth semester students and all other junior and seniors extended their cooperation in coordinating the various events. Major events included Coding, Hacking, Quiz, Best Manager and Ultimate Engineer, as well as Network Gaming, Treasure Hunt, T shirt designing, movie making and a workshop on Hacking and Game design.