Course Duration: 45 Hours
- Cell biology is a branch of biology that studies cells – their physiological properties, their structure, the organelles they contain, interactions with their environment, their life cycle, division, death and cell function.
- This is done both on a microscopic and molecular level.
- Cell biology research encompasses both the great diversity of single-celled organisms like bacte- ria and protozoa, as well as the many specialized cells in multi-cellular organisms such as humans, plants, and sponges.
Upon completion of the subject student shall be able to
- Summarize cell and molecular biology history.
- Summarize cellular functioning and composition.
- Describe the chemical foundations of cell biology.
- Summarize the DNA properties of cell biology.
- Describe protein structure and function.
- Describe cellular membrane structure and function.
- Describe basic molecular genetic mechanisms.
- Summarize the Cell Cycle