Course Duration: 4 Hours/Week
Practical physiology is complimentary to the theoretical discussions in physiology. Practicals allow the verification of physiological processes discussed in theory classes through experiments on living tissue, intact animals or normal human beings. This is helpful for developing an insight on the subject.
- To study the integumentary and special senses using specimen, models, etc.,
- To study the nervous system using specimen, models, etc.,
- To study the endocrine system using specimen, models, etc
- To demonstrate the general neurological examination
- To demonstrate the function of olfactory nerve
- To examine the different types of taste.
- To demonstrate the visual acuity
- To demonstrate the reflex activity
- Recording of body temperature
- To demonstrate positive and negative feedback mechanism.
- Determination of tidal volume and vital capacity.
- Study of digestive, respiratory, cardiovascular systems, urinary and reproductive systems with the help of models, charts and specimens.
- Recording of basal mass index .
- Study of family planning devices and pregnancy diagnosis test.
- Demonstration of total blood count by cell analyser
- Permanent slides of vital organs and gonads.