Course Duration: 4 Hours/Week
- Introduction to experimental pharmacology.
- Commonly used instruments in experimental pharmacology.
- Study of common laboratory animals.
- Maintenance of laboratory animals as per CPCSEA guidelines.
- Common laboratory techniques. Blood withdrawal, serum and plasma separation, anesthetics and euthanasia used for animal studies.
- Study of different routes of drugs administration in mice/rats.
- Study of effect of hepatic microsomal enzyme inducers on the phenobarbitone sleeping time in mice.
- Effect of drugs on ciliary motility of frog oesophagus
- Effect of drugs on rabbit eye.
- Effects of skeletal muscle relaxants using rota-rod apparatus.
- Effect of drugs on locomotor activity using actophotometer.
- Anticonvulsant effect of drugs byMES and PTZ method.
- Study of stereotype and anti-catatonic activity of drugs on rats/mice.
- Study of anxiolytic activity of drugs using rats/mice.
- Study of local anesthetics by different methods
Note: All laboratory techniques and animal experiments are demonstrated by simulated experiments by softwares and videos